Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
rickandurs

Hi Bill,
Please, lets keep a low profile, years ago folks were allowed to stay at the springs for up to? 6 months in the winter, if you think that those folks, not all, didn't display a sense of possession, well.
All we need to do is make issues the NPS doesn'T want to deal with then we will lose everything.  Every day at Saline is not the same. 
These plaeaurs would not exist if not for Lee, he is quiet and patient, he manages issues we all would not even car about and would effect the area.
When we leave the springs he is still their with a new group of issues.

Billbobaggins

I find this situation from time to time - a beautiful place, a commons for all to enjoy, is ruined by  people essentially retiring there. They do not seem to care if they ruin the experience for everyone else. Its "possession is nine tenths of the law" or if they make improvements then its "art makes right".  It happens at Dogfish Point and at Pigeon Point and many other places. What can be done? What did the Europeans do when someone settled in the commons? You can't just kick their asses or anything. I guess that is why it's a good thing there is a limit on stays in Saline, so that an exclusive society doesn't form that vibes everyone else away.  It is a difficult problem and I'd like to see some creative suggestions about how to deal with it. If the person is from BLM, then making the fact public could help. Adverse possession of Public Lands is not a perk.
A Cabin Dweller

I know that guy he is a retired  BLM manager and policy maker.

i went back by again on may 25th and the drunken/drugged out guy and girlfriend were still living there and don't take kindly to strangers using 'their' springs.  here are photos of his truck and trailer.  i've sent BLM a second email but they seem to do nothing.  i'm going to swing by again in a month and if they're still there, i'm going to call the local authorities.

Attached Images
jpeg Drunken_bum_tecopa.jpg (300.07 KB, 107 views)
jpeg Loser_tecopah_truck_small.JPG (556.69 KB, 114 views)
jpeg Loser_tecopah_trailer_small.JPG (567.25 KB, 92 views)
jpeg Drunken_bum_tecopa.jpg (300.07 KB, 108 views)
jpeg Loser_tecopah_trailer_small.JPG (567.25 KB, 66 views)
jpeg Loser_tecopah_truck_small.JPG (556.69 KB, 52 views)

Dusty

Wrong Thread ?  
Dusty

No white trailer to be seen, been in through steel pass I do drive Toyota FJC & a land cruiser I live in las vegas Nv, but I do own a Cheyenne style Tipi  ......Dusty
the_wanderer

Was there a white trailer there?

Are you the guy who lives in a yurt in OR? drives a Toyota truck and comes in and out Steele Pass???

Sorry to hear ....I guess we were lucky, Last year (March) when we stopped for a soak there no one was around all the time stopped and watched the sun go down was very pleasant....Dusty
the_wanderer

At Tecopa 'Pond' outside of town, this guy and companion live in a trailer 100ft from bath.  They never let anyone have any privacy, a friend and I waited about an hour for him to get out of the water but the SOB never did and the water isn't that warm maybe 96F.  He was/is just a drunken slob. They have no job other than "finding" recycled "stuff" or so he said.  The locals need to boot that guy and friend out. 

If you go north another mile, you'll find the hot stream 102/3F that is excellent but with some silt and no drunk, homeless people living there.

Attached Images
jpeg TecopaDesertPond.jpg (300.07 KB, 105 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.