Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mcfanny

I've had a friend leave her car at the Saline Waucoba turn off in the past. Never has been an issue.
Salt Peter

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to find out if the OP found a solution. I may have a similar issue coming up and would like the info. I'd prefer something in the southern end of the valley but can do the Big Pine camping area if that's the best option.
Otmar

Thanks so much for all the helpful replies. In the end she didn't come along but I will certainly save all the suggestions for next time!
The bloom is not yet here, but it's still a blessing to be at the springs again!
JayOtheMountains

Call the inter agency visitor center and see if they'll let you park there. Eastern Sierra Interagency Visitor Center (760) 876-6222
bobhuckaby

also seen vehicles parked at the north pass turnoff for a week, just be off to the side
bobhuckaby

we parked at the info station outside the big pine campground junction 395, just fine
bob from tahoe
Smiffy1892

lone pine chamber of commerce used to charge 20 bucks per week - i'd call them to double check.
Hi Desert Warrior

In Big Pine at the corner of Hwy 395 and the turn off to Death Valley is a private camp site.  They may cut you a deal for a week of parking, check them out.  Big Pine is a great place to get those forgotten items and top off the gas tank before going to the springs.  On the south side, Lone Pine would be the best bet.  Maybe something can be worked out with an out of the way motel for parking.
Otmar

A friend with a low clearance vehicle wants to ride in with me and out again with me or someone else for tent camping. Is there a good place to park the low clearance car for a week?
I take the north pass if it is passable, but maybe closer to the south is more universal. In Olancha maybe?
I worry that parking near the pass roads may be susceptible to theft or vandals, so I'm guessing somewhere in one of the cities would be good, but where to park legally for a week or so?
Suggestions or stories appreciated,
Thanks!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!