Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
A Cabin Dweller

That video id about saw Jim don't make it something it's not.

A few year's ago we used to have body painting at the spring's. Then someone videoed it and the video got out.To a lot of people and it put the spring's in the forfront and everyone envolved decided that there would be no more body painting. Because someone wanted to publicise it instead of keeping it within the people envolved, it ended a good and fun event. Cabin Dweller can put anything on the net he like's but remember body painting. The baseball game could come to the same end just because someone wants to show picture's or video's on the net. The picture's and video's that are taken like this should stay within the circle of people who participate and there really close friend's. A lot of people look at SPA, including the park service, and an untold amount look at the net. The park service would like nothing better than another excuse to close the spring's and stuff like this is, in there eye's, is just another reason. What's the Vagas saying-"What happen's in Vagas, stay's in Vegas". I think the spring's should be the same.

the_wanderer

Black Rock? why would anyone want to hang out there unless burning man is going on and there's lots of T&A.

in the spring it's nearly impossible to get in or out as it is nearly a complete bog.  in the winter time, the high desert, 4k ft, would be very cold.  most of the good hot springs are on private land,  rockets parts falling from the sky.  i thought they were shutting down Gerlach?

The girl in the video said "I don't care if you do" when the subject came up about posting the videos at the game came up. She is in a video with Saw Jim. You are welcome to video me if you like and for now just for good measure. I will remove Saw Jim's Video till I'm told that it is again OK'ed  by her or I can figure out how to remove her from it, but I'll likely just forget about it all together.
 Please don't threaten me again. It is unwanted and bullish.

Next time I see Cabin Dweller at the spring's naked I am going to take a video and post it on the net and see how he like's it. What were you thinking?

Major Tom

A lot of the old timers have passed on, some are still around, but just go elsewhere. So much has changed at the springs, a lot of the old timers have chosen to find somewhere else to be. Many of these old timers still get together, just elsewhere. Saw Jim is around, but Smoking Dogs isnt. Everyone is going to Burning Man instead. Turtle Jim passed away, yes. 
A Cabin Dweller

bob was there right?? LOL

Where is Piano Dan too?
Unregistered
This may be totally random but I've been going to Saline Valley since I was about four, I'm 27 now and haven't been in the valley for ~6 years.  Just got back from 5 days in the valley and  I'm curious as to what happened to all the really cool people who would camp at the middle springs that my dad would have interesting conversations with??  When I was there it was mostly a bunch of young people who were in the valley for the first time and just passing through.  I'm curious as to what happened to all the old regulars?  Are they still around and I was just there on the wrong weekend?  My dad was one of the crazy South Africans and was good friends with Johan of Septemberfest.  I went to 2 years of "No Smoking Dogs" but what has happened to Saw Jim??  Is "No Smoking Dogs" still going on? I heard Turtle Jim died 2 years ago? I think he was living in Keeler the last time we saw him.  I remember meeting a guy at No Smoking Dogs who was about 83 at the time and he had been an army flight instructor but never had a pilots license, don't know the name but was wondering if he's still around?  There is some guy John I remember too who helped build the middle springs?  I wasn't really old enough to converse with most of these people when I met them year ago, I was generally more concerned with riding my bicycle around, but I'm curious now as to what happened to them all? Let me know if you recognize any of these people.
Thanks,
Cheli

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution