Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
mmeijer

FYI:  Since Saw Jim is a long time Saline goer I thought I'd share this here.  We just recorded this of Jim tonight in San Jose.

jackie

I am looking for a ride from the Bay Area or wherever to the springs for Thanksgiving.  I have a car but it won't make it over the passes. 

Jackie

macraft

I looked at the YouTube video and actually, I see a lot of improvements from the years when I visited regularly. Looking forward to next month's visit.

Mac
A Cabin Dweller

I have a few videos on Youtube  they are no big deal but you might like them. There are a few videes on Youtube any thing you can think of like the springs. See Saw Jim there from the 2011 ball games. Heck you can even see a video of landing on the Chicken Strip.
 Major Tom has really great collection of pics as others stated.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Saline+Valley+hot+springs+saw+Jim&aq=f

Mac - Major Tom is always great for pictures.  I know he has a picasso account.  But I would doubt you'll see many changes.  
macraft

I have been a SPA member for many years, but haven't had the opportunity to visit the area since the late '80s. Does anyone have some good pictures to show how things have changed since then? I hope to visit in April.

Cheers to all, Mac
hotsoak

Thanks Major Tom for putting together this site for the Saline Valley People to share information on many different topics.  Hopefully I'll see you in October thanks once again

Tear Drop Bob

BigMc

Found on the Home page for DV...  

Clothing Optional Policy Rescinded at Hot Springs
Death Valley News & Opinions
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Saline Valley -- The Park Service announced today that it was rescinding the clothing optional policy at the remote Saline Valley Hot Springs, which has been in place as long as visitors can remember. All clothing is now entirely prohibited. "We'll allow open toe sandals, but no socks. That'll be a ticket for sure," said the Park's new chief law enforcement ranger Amanda Hugginkiss.

ANGEL

Thanks, Major Tom, for all the time and energy you put in setting up this forum for us. I am looking forward to keeping up with road conditions,  fellow soakers and what is happening in the valley.

Dusty here checking in, High everybody !

New to the Forum Nice way of keeping in touch, reading post I already feel @ home with my Saline family ....Dusty
LadyJ-AA

Thanks for setting this up Tom. I lived in Beveridge Canyon from 1970 to 1975 with Jackass Andy. Had some really great times out there.

Major Tom

If no one objects, I will delete posts over thirty days old where is seems reasonable to get rid of dead outdated weight. Look for a poll set up under the forum for How this Forum Works.
Major Tom

If no one objects, I will delete posts over thirty days old where is seems reasonable to get rid of dead outdated weight. Look for a poll set up under the forum for How this Forum Works.
skipper

Looking like it will be a GREAT site
good job and thanks
Biotech Dave

YES!  SPA Lives, Prospers and Advances On!!!
Thank you Major Tom for the great resource!
Keep on Keepin' On Dude!
I'm looking forward to some soaking Prez Weekend.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!