Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
James Sel

Well, I was just trying to win the "Stupid Question of the Years Award" with that Q.  I seen that a low pressure system was moving in and I figured to win the award, I'd better ask it now (someone always bets me to it). Personally, I don't worry too much about what the road conditions are when I head out to SV. There are other routes and other places to go on my back burner. Worst case scenario head to Vegas via touring DV-proper.
Now that I've got that out of the way, Will it be raining there come President's Day? Anyone?...
slash2

Wow, I guess when you said exactly you meant it literally James. I'm guessing now that given your high post count you probably know more about the place than most folks and you were just making a joke. If that's case, good one, I fell for it. 

/2
James Sel

slash, that's not exact enough
slash2

Click on the link above, find the spot on the map that you want the forecast for and click or double click on that spot. it should open a map and forecast specifically for the area you clicked on.

/2
genocache

Some to none......[biggrin]
James Sel

Can anyone tell me exactly how much rain and snow we will get on the passes and on the valley floor in the next few days........I planning a trip and most know.
XPBC

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-117.76451947571632&lat=36.808116476647626#.Wj1i7ExFzVJ

The one I use.
Sam D.

Yep, these are also great to average out.
Salt Peter

I also use Trona, Ridgecrest, and Big Pine
BLawyered

Thanks!
Sam D.

This works for me. I also triangulate between Olancha,  Bishop and Furnace Creek

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=vef&smap=1&textField1=36.817083333333&textField2=-117.76875#.WjIa15-IbgD

I subtract 5F in the winter and add 5F in the summer.
BLawyered

What is the best zip code to use to get SV weather reports? Any tips on the most accurate site for SV weather intel?
Thanks!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution