peneumbra

I'm starting to feel sheepish...[rolleyes]
yubert

A wether is a castrated sheep! 

I think you mean whether.
genocache

But do you like weather, whether it's good or bad weather?😃

fixed it for ya.....

Thanks yubert! No wonder spellcheck did not catch it.....
peneumbra

But do you like weather, weather it's good or bad weather?😃
trigger

I like weather
James Sel

I have my own ways of reading the weather. "Rooster crows before he goes to bed; he'll wake up with a soggy head."
fheiser

The best weather reports I have seen are on the National Weather Service site. Zoom in and pick your location and it will give you a prediction modified by the elevation of the location. This a good one for the North pass.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-118.17031858675183&lat=37.24825849657728#.WqHF52obNtQ

Frisbie

Thanks for the advice and info. The DV weather link I believe is data from stovepipe which is a good 1,500 below the springs. I usually see the temps drop about 10 deg when at say panamint springs around 2,000. That should help. I think temps won't be high enough to keep me from going so it may not matter. I'll prepare for the worst. Thanks again.
James Sel

Best thing to do is see what the jet stream is doing while you plan to come in. Average means nothing  to mother nature if a large high pressure system is headed in and decides to stall.
Sam D.

Hi! Welcome to the forum.
This link will give you monthly averages:

https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/Death+Valley+CA+USCA0286:1:US

As you can see 113F was the highest temp it's ever been in April on record.
The average is 91F which is in your range.

Lower springs have more shade. Bring a mist bottle to spray water on your puppy if it's overheating. Wet blankets also work great.

As always, please leash your dog and pick up its leavings.

Frisbie

I was hoping for a little help.  We have had to postpone our trip to DV until late April '18.  We have a dog that is not great in extreme heat and I was hoping for some reassurance of the avg temps in Saline valley at that time.  I've been to DV many times in winter and find it to be quite a bit cooler above 1,000 ft so I think it should be fine for the pup.  Just trying to avoid temps over 90 deg.   This is my first post but I have been reading through this site for quite awhile now.  Very impressed with this community and glad to have joined.  I hope to help out as I see so many of you have.  I appreciate your time.  Here is a pic of Katie.  Come say hello if you see us.

21319006_10154835098770108_8555700478630784124_o.jpg

genocache

slash, I think they are the same thing. Donald never wears pants.......
slash2

Not surprised it's been posted before, it's the first one that popped up when I googled "lifted Prius". What could be more ridiculous than a lifted Prius on Saline Valley Road! Hopefully it was outrageous enough that no one would take it seriously and actually think someone would be driving that thing out to the springs! Just seemed funny at time.
/2

Hey encore889, last time I was out there I heard the term "shirtcocking" funny as hell! What's "donald ducking"?
James Sel

Seen that Prius posted her before....spent pic
slash2

I've got the original spare but it might be too small now. Do you know if there are any charging stations in the area?

Just joking around! I am looking forward to getting back out there soon though.

/2
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.