Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Just Bill

Thanks knocknock...don't want to remember Valley with those circumstances......will do some further checking and take precautions!
knockknock

Bill,  I worked at a Cement Plant and we had a large waste dust pond (production byproduct).  Two workers went in pond with rubber boots, they got water inside boots, very high alkaline H2O, received severe burns, feet, legs. Never came back to work. Over 11 PH. I'd be careful!  Don't know lake PH?
Just Bill

Sanpanza....there is evidence of kayaking on the lake on a post from tomd on the topic Presidents Weekend 17! I've heard this week from an old-timer that it has happened , the water is very alkaline and a sailor came back to camp with all hair missing on his leg from where it had been in the water.......Safe sailing!
knockknock

Yessss, I'm sure that's really, really Truuuu !
Sparky of SoCal

There has been so much dope smoked in that Valley it has to have happened at one time or another.
sanpanza

Yup, that is a consideration, so I don't know if Kayaking will actually be feasible. Would love to hear if anyone has ever attempted it before.

Ed
lighthawk

Good idea. If you can get off the muddy shore.
Switch

I've never seen it dry actually.
Salt Peter

I've seen water in it quite often. I'd guess there is ample water now due to the recent rains
Just Bill

There is info on Presidents Weekend 2017........ although not current conditions but good insight and others having the same notion..... we'll be bringing in 2 crafts! SMOOTH SAILING!
sanpanza

I know this is a funny question but can anybody who has recently visited Saline Valley tell me if the dry lake has filled with water? Reason I am asking is because I have always wanted to float a kayak in the lake but it is a dry lake: assuming it was temporarily filled.

Thanks for your info in advance.

Ed
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!