Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
Geo Mitch

Hi Bob,  I am planning a trip to the springs in May for a week or so.  I will try to coordinate my trip to coincide with the tub repair in case you need more helpers.  Geo Mitch
SilverBob

Plans are slowly being finalized.  Again, anyone interested in helping should contact me for details as they become available.
Just Bill

Any date yet? I may be available depending on date......Carpenter by trade, in trades for 40 years .....good mixer! The real deal would be Tile Rob......he’s a tile contractor and floats walls of shower walls weekly.......he’s very busy though...booked til June.....the sooner the date announced the possibility of having a real pro (Rob) work the finish product! Trying to help the stalwarts! ( ones who steadfastly supports an organization or cause)
oregonjohn

Count me in for the tub crew. I do have some tools for this project, so will bring everything I think will help. Hopefully we can sign the MOU at the same time frame.

OJ
Flipper

Super Moderators
Count me in. I will send you the photos I took over the St Pattys day trip via email.
SilverBob

The Wizard and Sunrise Pools have been patched and refinished over the last two years.  The Crystal Pool is holding up remarkably well.  That leaves the Volcano Tub as the last tub in need of repair.  We're currently taking measurements and procuring supplies for the project.  We're aiming to get this done sometime in May.  It seems to work best if the work is done during the week, since weekends are still more crowded then, and we want to inconvenience as few visitors as possible.

Here's your chance to give back a bit to the community!  If you have any experience with plaster/concrete, and can spare a few days during the week, we could sure use some help.  We'll finalize the dates when we get closer, but we'll obviously want to be done before the Memorial Day weekend.

We won't need a huge crew.  If we get too many people, we all end up getting in each others' way.  Based on past experiences, about 6-8 volunteers that can work well together should be able to comfortably complete the job in the 4-5 day time frame.  

If you'd like to help, please contact me via PM or e-mail.  Let me know when you'd be available and if you have any tools or experience that could make the job easier.  We'll get this organized in the next couple weeks and make it happen!

SilverBob
Bob@Hot-Pots.US

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution