Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Sam D.

not sure if you know that the host is a volunteer position. There is no pay. There might be some compensation for the propane.
Terawanderer

No I am not Glen.....unless you owe him money !!  You can send the cash to me....and I could try to get it to him. If my friend Mike doesn't get enough triple overtime this year...... I thought he might be looking for the job.  He is uniquely qualified.
sunny okanogan

Flipper, your nickels worth is worth a quarter! 

Flipper

As previously mentioned we don't really need an additional host for the springs. That said I have observed lots of new people visiting the springs. Most looking for a little guidance.  I strive to politely encourage new folks to understand the routine of self maintenance and getting clean before soaking. It has been well received by the folks that have never visited the springs. If all of the long timers out there do the same, all should be well. Just my nickles worth....   
speakeasy

Terawanderer,
Is your name Glen by any chance?
Roland

Thank you SalineOldTimer!!!!!  Very well said.  For me SV is a very special place that deserves my respect and involvement to see that it continues to be a very special place.  1994 didn't change that for me.  

jynxx1970

Sounds like he is looking for a spot [biggrin]
SalineOldTimer

By the time nps picked the candidate he or she could not arrange extended stay. The springs have long enjoyed self maitenance. If you see something to be addressed go ahead and address it. I think we only need one host for emergencies and automotive repairs, MHO
Terawanderer

Anyone know if we are getting a new host ??   Or even why we did not have one last year ?? 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!