Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
SilverBob

Big Dave,

You are absolutely correct, my post is not funny, nor was it intended to be.  It was directed squarely at one individual, the "troll" you mentioned.  I apologize to anyone who is offended and not named "Unregistered".  I'm also sorry that this ugliness has spilled over from another thread to ltlredjeep's attempt to have a serious discussion of issues that may affect the future of the springs. 

I'll be glad to remove my post as soon as the one above it disappears, or perhaps a moderator could remove both of them.

Again, my apologies to most of you,

SilverBob
(Bob Renton) and not afraid to tell the world!
BigDave

Would you go to a Special Olympics event to have fun and laugh AT the kids? Would you make fun of a blind person? Someone in a wheelchair?  Wow. Ugly stuff, that Troll has really won this one.
Salt Peter

I find it humorous.
BigDave

I get the Special Olympics/internet debate point, but not funny. Don't let a troll drag us down to their level.
SilverBob

<At the request of several users of this forum who I actually respect, I have deleted the post that some find offensive.>

ltlredjeep

Everyone, please remember that the DVNPS is in the process of developing their "Saline Valley Management Plan".  I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst and I doubt that the current reported incidents at the Springs over the last couple of months are going to have a positive affect on the popular "Leave it as it is option".  Be assured that these topics don't go unnoticed:

Hot Springs Pervert:  This guy greeting people on Bat Road along with reports of people "getting busy" in the tubs.

Wild Animals at the Springs:  Packs of both Burros and Coyotes raiding food containers and coolers reportedly having been attracted by campers feeding them because they are so "cute".

Thief at the Springs:  Now there appears to be conformation of a "tweeker" camped in the area off Bat Rd and Saline Valley Rd that sneaks in camps at night and steals food out of coolers.

Camp Hosts at the Springs:  Complaint about the German Nationals who have been selected to be camp hosts again.

All of this adds up to a very negative image of what has already been described as the "unregulated conditions" at the Springs. The Park Service already sees the Springs as a nuisance and something they would just as soon not have to deal with. The easiest way for the PS to eliminate this nuisance is to remove it and restore the area back to its natural state.  If anyone thinks it can't happen, this is how the removal of structures/facilities has been done in the past.  

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution