Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
SilverBob

I think James' comment was directed at frusteri4, who posted that he might bring in his XR 400.  I have seen a few of them with license plates, but not many in California.
AlaskaIsCold

the klr 650 is a street legal motorcycle...
it just has the ability to go off road fairly well.
James Sel

Why would you bring a dirt bike to a National Park? I guess you don't know that it is illegal to ride in the park even if you get stranded the do not make exceptions. You will need plates on it to ride in any NP.
frusteri4

Some friends and I are planning on meeting up in Saline for thanksgiving. I'm coming from Camp Pendleton and they are coming from Reno area. Im considering bringing my xr 400 too (in addition to my truck), maybe we could squeeze a ride in.
AlaskaIsCold

Hiya!

I was thinking about driving up to the valley from San Diego for thanksgiving since my other friends have plans, I was thinking about doing something awesome for myself.

I have also been on these forums for a moderate amount of time, pretty much just reading and lurking. So I have heard that there is a turkey day and I figured it would be fun to go.

The only thing is that I have never driven there before. The good news is that I am not driving a Honda civic or anything like that. I am driving a KLR650 fitted with tkc80 tires.

So I guess I have a few questions, first off is that im wondering if anyone is going to be there since there are road closures, the second thing I would be wondering is how difficult is it to get there? Are there groups going that I can meet up with just before the offroad part? I may be new to the whole off-road thing but even I know to never take a new off road route alone.

But yes if there is going to be something, and if it is organized. Is there some kind of checklist where I can look at what is needed so maybe I could bring something? (hopefully something that doesn't have to stay frozen)

Or maybe this thread that was just started could be the place where all the organization occurs?
What do you think?
AlaskaIsCold

Thread Restarted, now with the correct year! [biggrin]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution