Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Sam D.

Damn it. I am so dislexic :-)
Big Jeff

Sam, the secret number is included in Bob's post above
Sam D.

Nice pics. I am curious what the total attendance was?
bobhuckaby

Had a nice turnout for thanksgiving, attached is picture of crowd enjoying dinner on the lawn, fun fun debi counted 170.
Many thanks to Bonneau Dickson for his great jugs of wine.
Bob from Tahoe

Attached Images
jpeg rsz_p1020935.jpg (720.07 KB, 114 views)
jpeg rsz_p1020940.jpg (895.83 KB, 110 views)

florida

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you both in Saline and out ! Wishing you a day full of good food and good friends and family. Stay safe and warm!
James Sel

[thumb]
frusteri4

yes my xr 400 is dual sported. I am aware that it is illegal to ride dirt bikes in the park. thank you for the concern. that is why i put plates on it though, such a great way to cover rough roads in a short amount of time
Sam D.

I also think it would be better to have a separate thread for each way. Calling on Major Tom....
bmxmtbman

I also think that a sticky thread for each of the four roads would be cool. Big long trip reports could be kept somewhere else. But this way works as well. 
Salt Peter

Flipper your multiple posts in various road condition pages reaffirms my idea to have one running thread for each way into Saline. I have voiced this here before but it really never got going. Now we have so many road condition pages it isn't funny.
Flipper

Super Moderators
Additional updates on road conditions in Saline Valley. Lippencott has snow also. No accurate measure but one traveler attempted to leave via Lippencott and turned back. Also soth pass is reported to have as much snow as north.
Flipper

Super Moderators
Just got off the phone with Major Tom. 1:15 pm Sunday the 24th. Report was made from the top of three mile grade. He and the 6 vehicle party have made it in the north pass. Current conditions are beautiful and clear. There is a foot to sixteen inchs of snow. They did not require chains! But high clearence is needed. There will be Thanksgiving at the springs!
paul belanger

So was determinedly planning on going to Saline this Thanksgiving.  In my stock 4x4, upgraded tires only.  Looks like that ain't gonna happen.
Sam D.

During last year’s Thanksgiving potluck somebody introduced a great idea at the time of collecting leftovers in a bucket.  That seemed like a great idea (though I cannot recall the rationale) except that the rotting food was left in a bucket for days. A nice gent finally emptied the bucket. This year, may I ask everyone to please take all leftovers with you to your camp for proper hauling out?  Also, a couple of pots were left unwashed. I ended up washing one many days later on my subsequent visit. It remained by the sink for days afterwards until somebody relocated it into the storage. It was still in the double pooper’s storage the last time I looked. Please do not leave any pots at the springs.

… just my 2 cents...

Thx
AlaskaIsCold

Oh!
Okay.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution