Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
gael

Looks like my metaphor has gone to pot, metaphorically speaking.

I mean that they may have a point but one doesn't make personal attacks on a fellow camp host and get to keep one's position too. There are better ways to express these sorts of conflicts. Like whizzing dried burro frisbees at Lee's trailer, for example. That's all.

And of course they are not stupid and they know this and I'm thinking that they were tossing their badge on the table. (We don't need no stinking badgeees!)

I'm just having fun and don't really give a shoot. I'm sure the next hosts will be just as nice. And if they're not we'll just have to run 'em out of town.
trigger

Gael, what the hell are you talking about??? "Diddy", "sock hop","going to pot"?? I don't understand it. And it's Georg and Ria not George and Rita
gael

There is a difference between a message and a rant. George and Rita may have a diddy but the tone is all bungled up and the suits ain't a shufflin' to that kind of a beat.

Our German friends had no intention of returning and wanted a parting shot at their nemesis. They gave the NPS no option but to call off the sock hop.

Anyways, I still don't buy the premise that Saline is going to pot. And since when does the NPS need a pretext to exercise authority within the bounds of the monument? Purview trumps pretext.

A hot and salty August to you all.
florida

I agree, Big Dave. I think that it was a case of shooting the messenger. Or perhaps the NPS wants the place to go to ruin so they can shut it down, and with Georg and Ria there it would never happen.
BigDave

Georg and Ria have integrity. The deterioration of conditions at the springs caused them to speak out to at great cost to themselves. They believed that the park bureaucrats would want to keep the springs nice. They never bothered anyone except the guy crapping in the fire pit (sick in the worst way) and the feeders of wild animals (bad for the animals in the long run). George and Ria believed in the creed "Truth, Justice and the American Way" and they got chopped for it.  
gael

The tone of Georg and Rita's post was hardly conciliatory and I am not surprised at the outcome. Obviously their call to arms rankled the wrong burro-crat.

Too bad they had to go this way but we don't need no feudin' at the springs.
trigger

That's too bad. I'm sorry to see them not being able to be the hosts any longer. Hopefully they'll still come visit. It was nice knowing you had someone there you could rely on.
SilverBob

The following was sent to Georg and Ria, yesterday.  Despite overwhelming community support, they will not be back as Camp Hosts at Palm Springs.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:Saline Valley Host Position
Date:Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:02:18 -0700
From:McKinlay-Jones, Karen <karen_mckinlay-jones@nps.gov>
To:Georg & Ria <schampusria.georg@gmail.com>

Georg and Ria,
I am writing to inform you that we will not be inviting the two of you to return as camp hosts for Saline Valley.

We appreciate your service for the last several years.

I wanted to give you as much notice as possible so you could plan accordingly. 

Karen M McKinlay-Jones
Chief Ranger
Death Valley National Park
P.O. Box 579
Death Valley, CA 92328

760-786-3245<datauri-file.png>
office
760-786-9753<datauri-file.png>

fax
[NPS-Centennial-E-Mail-Signature-11-24-14]

I'm a proud graduate of the GOAL Leadership Academy. Ask me about the program!
gael

I happen to be in the dark as to what this decision entails but thought it would be fun to stir up Ye Olde Fecal Storm yet again. Do tell!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution