Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
rabbit

I didn't mingle with the soup crowd, I brought my own food and drink and stayed to myself for the most part. The people I planned to meet at the springs never made it in so I just camped by myself, I caught up with them in Beatty and followed them to Tecopa where I really enjoy the soaking in privacy!
bobhuckaby

I won't tell you about the soup base, but it sure tasted good
bob from tahoe
rabbit

I withdrew my water comments, not going to fuel the subject feeding your fire.
speakeasy

For the love of God, please do not tell me you got water from the cold spring???
rabbit

I had a nice time, and met some great people, am currently in Tecopa and looking forward to Christmas.  Roads were typical desert conditions I drive a lot, so nothing to report if you drive a rugged vehicle instead of a car. I ended up camping too far from the pools to walk, but I just drove up close when I soaked, no tent and extras since I didn't feel comfortable leaving anything out for burros and dogs.
Jukebox Mark

Hopefully you got an answer onsite.

What is needed for the cleanup after the party? I can handle large trash bags on my roof rack if they are not real heavy a piece and full of toxic waste[biggrin], a favorite chore of mine is hauling out more than I carried in. If there is a preferred heavy duty trash bag, let me know and I will bring a couple boxes with me.

I have my own diet so I won't be eating any of the Thanksgiving meals, but I look forward to sharing beverages and camaraderie with fellow campers. Is there a drink tradition I am unaware of?    
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!