Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Bret

I equate winches, big tires, and 4WD to be the same as lawyers, guns, and money: Nice to have in a tight spot, but not an excuse to tempt fate.
SilverBob

I only do that when I'm pulling my trailer!  [cool]
trigger

I would suggest driving in reverse the whole way. That way if you do get stuck you can pull yourself back out of the snow or mud instead of further into it. I think SilverBob does that.
Bret

I'm betting that there will be rain and lots of it. These El Nino conditions typically produce warm-air storms. So wash-outs and flash floods seem like a bigger risk than snow.
James Sel

This far out you don't know what the hell the roads conditions will be. So, the answer is there will be so much snow that you won't be able to get in.
Bret

I'm thinking of driving in on Friday after Thanksgiving. Is anyone else planning a trip in at that time? Are we risking getting snowed in that late in the Fall? I have a Toyota Land Cruiser with off-road tires and a winch so I could drive/dig/pull my way out of almost anything...but I don't necessarily want to work that hard.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!