Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
slash2

"Warranted or not? What would allow a warranted excuse?"

Man, I don't know. I can see that it was left there, but I don't know why it was left there. Maybe they are just selfish inconsiderate ass hats, or maybe there is a perfectly good explanation why it got left behind. I don't know.

Maybe they were exhausted after the install, crawled into the rig for a rest and nodded off. Maybe they awoke in the middle of the night, remembered that they were suppose to be back in Utah because one of them was scheduled to donate their kidney to their dying brother and if they were late the bother was going to be a goner. 

In a panic they rush out in the middle of the night forgetting all about the axle, or maybe they remembered the axle and felt that it was too great a risk to take the time to load it up only to get home to find the dead brother lying on the front lawn.

I don't know, or maybe they are just ass hats. But the "Adventure is Necessary" sticker in the window and all the off road gear makes me think they are experienced backcountry travellers, so I'm surprised they would leave crap behind like that.

Whatever the reason, it shouldn't have been left there, I just wonder why.
James Sel

Wait isn't this Social Media. Why yes it is. I too sure hope this makes it on social media. smh.

I hope it hits a parks ranger's desk and the scums are ordered to clean it up.

Sparky of SoCal

"I hope this discussion gets repeated on other social media sites as well, not just for the purpose of bringing grief down on the heads of those guys, warranted or not, but so that others learning about the springs know that behavior like that is not cool."

Warranted or not? What would allow a warranted excuse?
paul belanger

I've been thinking about this. They had to have a chase truck to bring the new axle in, no? Why the hell couldn't they have thrown the old axle in whatever vehicle they had to bring the new axle in with? Totally unacceptable.

The gear oil? Scoop up as much of the contaminated soil as feasible, throw that in the truck. A little bit of gear oil on the main vehicle path, I don't see that as being the end of the world. Clearly, just do all the due diligence you can.
slash2

Yikes!

I hope this discussion gets repeated on other social media sites as well, not just for the purpose of bringing grief down on the heads of those guys, warranted or not, but so that others learning about the springs know that behavior like that is not cool.
bb

I'm sure they're not driving back from Utah too, but maybe a call from the NPS ISB will wake them up... doubt they'll be leaving any more axles laying around.  

https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1563/submit-a-tip.htm
Salt Peter

Utah...are they friends with the Moab crew at the big tent?
Macfly

I really hope they'll return to remove it, but I doubt they will.

As BB said, it's this kind of behavior that gives those that want to close NP trails to 4x4 traffic all the ammunition they need.

There's no two ways about it, this is thoughtless, selfish and stupid.
Sparky of SoCal

No excuses, they hauled it in, it is their responsibility and no one else's responsibility to take their crap with them. There is absolutely no reason not to man up and do the right thing. There are not even any piss poor reasons not to take it out. They are low life, chicken shit, scum sucking bits of crap. Those I might add are their finer points. That is just my opinion.
paul belanger

There's no doubt they could have pulled that axle out with the rest of the detritus. No excuses here. Don't make any for them.
bb

Yeah because leaving an entire axle and puddles of gear oil around in a national park really helps the image of 4wd people in a park that's largely wilderness and has hundreds of miles of closed 4wd roads. Crap like this is what gets trails closed so I don't think it's overboard to notify the park. A few bad cases like this can spoil it for everyone so a little bit of awareness can't hurt. 
Garyw
Wow! you guys are a bunch of tough sons of bitches over an axle left in the desert. Sounds like some might be thinking about getting together a lynch mob. You really need to chill out. He didn't deface petroglyphs, he didn't burn down a cabin. I've seen people leave more trash around lower spring camp sites, or just throwing beer cans out windows or general messiness. Some people suck that way. If I witness it and think i'm not endangering myself I will even say something to them. But I would NEVER GO ONLINE and try to track down and internet shame or try to get prosecuted someone who left their broken axle out in the desert after spending who knows how long fixing the damn thing. He should have picked up his axle but some here are far worse. Sounds like a bunch of whining california  libs. I like the springs but this is the very reason I go to the upppper springs so I don't have to listen to the wacccos that tend to hang at the 2 lower springs. I should be careful though before the thought police come after me.
DVExile

Combining your image with another available from another source the complete license plate is D60 7KH.  Utah plate.

Jeepnik

We passed by them on Dec. 29th.
I was impressed by how much work they went through to fix it, but leaving their axle there is so incredibly shameful they deserve to be shamed for it.
I took this picture, which shows most of their Utah license plate but has one number/letter obscured.  Maybe it's enough for someone to move towards some retribution.  Either way, if that same vehicle shows its face in the valley it will be easier for people to recognize now. IMG_5287 (1).jpg
bb

Bandana- do you know who that was with the Tahoe? The axle was ditched there two weeks ago and I hope they're going to haul that out...

Attached Images
png Capture1.png (787.82 KB, 30 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution