Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
SilverBob

Upon further review, it appears that you are correct.  That procedure only blocks PMs from those on the "ignore" list. 
Sorry about that, my bad!  I'll go dig around some more.  I'm sure there's a setting we can turn on to give us that feature.

tronaborn

SilverBob, your instructions on how to ignore someone's posts only seems to apply to private messages, not the public ones.  Am I missing something?
James Sel

Crap Bob! Now I'll be ignored too! 
SilverBob

We do indeed have the "Ignore" feature.

1  Log in with your username and password.
2  Click on the "Private Message" link, located just below your  username.
3  Just to the left of the "Write New Message" button, there is a link that says "Ignored Members". Click there.
4  Follow the instructions to add whatever username you want to ignore.
5  Relax!

Hope this helps.

edit***********Never Mind.  This doesn't work as I thought it would! Stay tuned.**********
pugsly

unfortunately these forums don't have an 'ignore' feature - or at least I haven't found it.
OB Local

Long time lurker and my reg apparently expired.

In regards to "un"...how about everyone just ignore him?  Then he won't have anyone to play with.
Un Forgiven

Troll
Quote:
 "I'd hate to accidentally be polite to someone who doesn't deserve it."
- sleep well Silver Bob, I won't talk to you. I promise. 
pugsly

Quote:
In fact, I promise to have nothing to do with you.  That's why I'd like to know who you are; I'd hate to accidentally be polite to someone who doesn't deserve it.

LOL, that gave me a chuckle - never heard that turn of phrase before but very appropriate.  :)
Major Tom

If it was not an accusation it was certainly an insinuation. And you don't even have the facts correct. The murder happened while Chili Bob was camphost. I did not step up to the plate until six months later. And please ... before you level the charge of hypocrisy at me, get your facts right. I did not attend the meeting, and received no reimbursement. I was willing to see if you would put up or shut up. Neither I see. It is way unfortunate that this thread has been sullied by your inconsequential and ill-informed diatribunals. I now wash my hands of it, because, as my father advised: Never argue with a fool .... people won't know the difference.
Un Forgiven

Troll
Nobody accusing M Tom of anything. All I am saying is that there is a danger from those willing to take matters into their own hands. There were things happening during that time. You know it, I know it, M. Tom knows it.
SilverBob

First, Major Tom didn't delete your post.  I deleted your post.  I'm not a board member and have never received any reimbursement or compensation from SPA's treasury.  I'm just a moderator tasked with keeping the discussions on the forum productive and civil.  You have demonstrated, once again, that you can't seem to stay within those bounds. 

You've levelled baseless accusations against individuals who have stepped up to try to do what's best for the Springs and the community.  If the Board Members were intent on absconding with SPA funds, do you really think they would have announced their intentions in the newsletter?  That's so absurd as to be downright insulting! 

You indicate that you won't reveal your identity because you're scared of the repercussions.  Speaking solely for myself, if I have something to say that I feel as strongly about as you seem to, I want everyone to know who's saying it.  It's a whole lot easier to have a discussion face to face and iron out differences than to act like the tough guy from behind a keyboard.

Again, speaking only for myself, you won't have to worry about intimidation or vandalism.  In fact, I promise to have nothing to do with you.  That's why I'd like to know who you are; I'd hate to accidentally be polite to someone who doesn't deserve it.

The real kicker is your bringing up the murders that happened 27 years ago.  That crime was investigated by the Inyo County Sheriff's office, BLM rangers, and the US Secret Service.  You probably aren't aware that the victims were neighbors of then-president Reagan's ranch in Simi Valley.  To even insinuate that Major Tom had anything to do with that crime is beneath contempt.

You've been banned repeatedly in the past but you don't seem to take the hint.  Since that doesn't work, the next best thing is just to remove or edit your postings.  That's what I intend to do.  I'm leaving the one above, just so everyone else can see what I'm talking about.

If you want to post constructive, civilized postings, you are welcome to do so.  Otherwise, you have seen what will happen.
Un Forgiven

Troll
1st, to whoever is reading this... Major Tom and/or other board members removed my posts where I was questioning their dippings into SPA funds to pay themselves for travel and lodging.
 I was also questioning why a person expressing concerns on this forum cannot stay anonymous; why there is the mentality of ousting those speaking their minds.
I was also suggesting that if a person's identity is revealed then the board members can organize a campaign of intimidation of the whistleblower. For example, people can puncture tires or steal supplies while the person is soaking or hiking. It's a remote place. I am not accusing anyone of anything but when Major Tom substituted Lizard Lee years ago a couple got murdered vacationing at the springs.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-11-16/news/mn-305_1_couple-found

I am not suggesting he did it at all ...but...it was during his reign. Is that why SPA board members and moderators want to know my identity? All I suggested in the beginning was giving SPA donors the choice to direct where their $$$ gonna be spent. And if people feel strongly they are welcome to donate their money for SPA board members' travel and room expenses.

2nd, all of a sudden, Major Tom found money to return my donations but could not find the money to pay for his own travel. Speaking of hypocrisy. They (board members) are just trying to intimidate and silence the opposition. I believe the time has come to institute new general voting policies. All items on the agenda should be placed for public discussion on this forum. A poll should be created where registered members can anonymously vote for or against.

Let's give the power to the people! Are they going to object that as well ?
SilverBob

You don't happen to have any turkey bones in your wallet do you?
Major Tom

... and in reference to an earlier post, for the record, I would Un Encumber Un Happy Un Forgiven with reimbursement money from my own pocket, as a public service to the community, and not from SPA reserves or in lieu of any donations I otherwise offer to the community.
James Sel

Trigger please don't be hating on use clowns just cause this Un Wanted douche.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!