Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 13     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
FVP

Well that's not good, anyone besides my group going in on Saturday morning? Hopefully some people with Unimogs.
bobhuckaby

updated NWS forecast is 7" new snow Friday night in the pass and rain in the valley until saturday
SalineJim

Thanks for the update John.  Me, Bill and Rob will be heading in tomorrow should be at the springs around 2pm.  Let the good times roll.
oregonjohn

Just got of the phone with my Dad. He is in the Valley via south pass this very afternoon(2/14/17) and reports the mud has dried up in the pinyons on top with a single lane from Hunter turn off down thru Grapevine Canyon. NO snow on the road but it is bermed up where they plowed it to the side. Good news for all you Presidents Day people.
Major Tom

No guts, no glory! (But chains and shovels may help.)
SunMan

Forecast is showing rain likely on Friday with potential for showers Sat-Mon. I would strongly consider what that could mean when departing on Monday.
Snowman

Indeed.....should be a great time [smile] How will the storms affect the weather in the valley? Is Saline in the rain shadow of the Inyos? 
SalineJim

This is going to be one of those epic trips.  One we'll talk about for a long time.  If you're considering driving a 2WD vehicle in...DON'T!!!!!  You not only will not get through on Sunday or beyond you will also make everyone else's life miserable.  

Bring in extra food, water, and gas in case you have to go Lippincott.
Flipper

Weather report I looked at is 100% rain and snow for this Friday & Saturday. Got my 4 tire chains on board! Have extra food & drink supplies!
Just Bill

Thanks for all the important recon Flip and Maj! No one has mentioned the upcoming storms and the folks that have to get to work Tuesday or beyond......could have a captive audience for midweek campfire discussions........GO IN PREPARED!
Commando Paul

She's a 4... };o)

Good staging there boyz!
Salt Peter

Riley you may want to check the general topics or pirep sections for weather.
Riley10baja

Any ideas on the day and night time temps in the valley?
XPBC

A few of us non licensed Hams use FRS channel 7.0.
On the caravan Tuesday 11:00am we intend to send the first vehicle down past Hunter Mtn. cutoff through the no passing zone to radio all is clear to outgoing vehicles. The area has been plowed and is narrow. Hope these little radios work for this.
Hi Desert Warrior

I use Mazourka Peak also.  I get the repeater 5X5 going in the North route with a little static near Willow Creek.  Coming in the south I pick up the repeater going down Grapevine.  No problem any where near or around the springs or Saline Valley.  73's WA6JNG
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!