Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 14     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
djp1990

Hi Kandy, 

I think you'll be OK, but there WILL be snow, and likely quite a bit of it. Be sure to bring a shovel and other recovery gear!

See you out there! I'm in the black jeep wrangler with "TOTSMSC" plates [wink] 

Road Gypsy

Driving in tomorrow Sat Feb 16th. From Sacramento. Always have taken north pass, but sounds like South pass is the way to go this year in. Hoping for no snow added to current white stuff. Weather reports say otherwise. Nissan X-Terra Off Road Blue 4x4. Plate: RD GYSPY, in case you see me stuck.

So should be fine then?

I believe that's south pass
Kandy

Been to saline twice came through panamint springs then made the right on the well graded road. What is the name of that road?

Lifted GMC 2500 4x4

Really from Vegas you can do either lipencot or South Pass easily. Lippencot is a more treacherous road, but lower in elevation. What are you driving?
Kandy

Coming in from Vegas on Saturday. Is that Lippincott or steel pass?

I'm headed in sat morning. Was planning on Steele pass or Lippencott.
ski3pin

Spot NWS forecast for saline/hunter mountain turnoff -

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-117.54703625328796&lat=36.52714082650576#.WKZh8vJOjWc
SoCalSteve

NWS says no snow accumulation, but they been wrong a lot this season.
FVP

Well that's not good, anyone besides my group going in on Saturday morning? Hopefully some people with Unimogs.
bobhuckaby

updated NWS forecast is 7" new snow Friday night in the pass and rain in the valley until saturday
SalineJim

Thanks for the update John.  Me, Bill and Rob will be heading in tomorrow should be at the springs around 2pm.  Let the good times roll.
oregonjohn

Just got of the phone with my Dad. He is in the Valley via south pass this very afternoon(2/14/17) and reports the mud has dried up in the pinyons on top with a single lane from Hunter turn off down thru Grapevine Canyon. NO snow on the road but it is bermed up where they plowed it to the side. Good news for all you Presidents Day people.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!