Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 15     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
encore889

It was the 6x6 that was blasting techno music all night long keeping everyone awake... i didnt feel sorry for them much... hehehe. Boulder is about as big as a lifted suzuki samurai...lol

Sorry didn't take picture of rock.......I posted under 919lar previously. 6x6 must have made it out...... no sign of it. Boulder is up against mountain wall....it will need a BULLDOZER to move,not a scraper.....it's the biggest "thing" I've seen in 38 years going in and out south or north!
SilverBob

Well, yeah.  Especially since we already heard that an F350 with an 11' Lance Camper on it made it. [rolleyes]
fheiser

Wish my zuke was operational. It laughs at this kind of road.
RC Pilot Jim

Does anyone have a picture of the boulder sitting near the road? If not could a Tacoma tow a Samurai around it? or would they have to unhook and
drive it around? Thanks.
JB4trucks

If it was a six x six probably pushed it over the side [biggrin]
encore889

6 wheel military truck ran out of gas going out south pass yesterday, Right before the boulder. I offered him a ride to get gas but luckily we ran into an inyo country truck that had diesel. Dunno if the truck made it around the boulder though.
Came out Monday February 20th mid morning.....a lot of traffic heading out after Presidents Misfits Win!...... large bolder in lower canyon ( a little smaller than a 10x10 easy up but sizable) up against canyon wall......Oregon John got by coming in with full size truck with oversized camper. White paint on bolder ; trail side denoting to sharp of a turn! OUCH!!!! White out at top at 11:00 and windy. Great Saline traveling weather! Muddy and fun.....GO SLOW , 4x4 not required but may need! Safe travels!
Rusty Scout

Just got word from the valley south pass is supposedly open but a huge muddy mess. Your Prius may have difficulty.

encore889

He went in at night, prob around midnight was his last post near lookouy i assume. He said he was heading down to valley... no further posts. Hes got a domestic truck, not sure what kind. Im in olancha... heading in now.

Encore,

I'm curious about this 2wd that made it in. I'm asking to clarify when did he cross the summit? Was it yesterday before it south pass was hit with several hours of foul weather or was it this Saturday morning after several hours of potential heavy weather?
djp1990

Peter my main concern is flash floods. I've got a lifted wrangler with lockers and chains for all 4 tires, but that doesn't really help with flooding. Anybody have any reports on the valley floor?
Salt Peter

Until there is verified info I wouldn't risk it. The webcams on top of the Inyos show new snow and there were significant radar returns around Hunter Mountain. It is raining right now up on the Inyos and even if there isn't any new snow it will be wet and muddy. Attempting it in 2wd shows a lack of judgment. What type of vehicle is your friend driving?

Edit:
I just checked pms on a different forum and a friend experienced a snow storm at Panamint City. I'm not sure what the elevation is there but it isn't too far from south pass as the crow flies.
djp1990

Kandy, when are you heading in? I'm leaving Bishop now, likely will make a stop or two on my way in. Assuming start of South Pass road around 11... Encore... what was your friend driving? 
encore889

The name of this forum topic... ;P

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!