Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 15     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
Monte

Is this salt with an F-250?
Monte

No it's silver Mitsubishi montero with a black lab
Salt Peter

Is that Monte the dog with the green light on the collar?
Monte

Agree, and should name it something like boulder-17
Kevin Mokracek

I think it should be left in place, it's kinda cool.
Sierracu

Or you can bring your own dynamite...
Major Tom

You will have no problem. Worse case scenario: you unhitch the Samurai and drive the two around the boulder separately. Best case scenario: the rock will be gone by then. image1 (002).JPG 
RC Pilot Jim

Tom you have a pretty big rig. Mine is 4WD Tacoma with small (no overhang) Four Wheel camper.
Will I be able to tow the Samurai in? or should I leave it at home? I realize conditions change with each storm.
Our next try is March 13th.
Major Tom

I came out yesterday, (2/22) and skirted the boulder at about 1:00 p.m. It had been moved, but not removed at that point (Miller towing had apparently moved it a bit closer to the hillside, giving us in the Lance a bit more clearance). I doubt it had been removed later that day, but look forward to updates. (Waving to Lee from outside ... make sure you get the dates right!)

sanpanza

Thanks folks. We are leaving on Friday morning and I see no sign of rain for the next four days. Would love to hear from anybody that has some knowledge of the mud situation. Have a 4X2 Tacoma with little experience in Mud.  

Our alternative would be the Easter Mojave Scenic area but it is not SV. Sigh....

encore889

Just got word from a friend coming out yesterday that the boulder has been removed...

Its not what the condition are now but what they are going to be.
rcash84

Better see what Friday brings. Might be needing 4wd if there is a lot of mud.
sanpanza

We are hoping to head out to Saline this weekend. Have a 2016 Tacoma 2X4 in which I traveled to SV last year. Years before it was another Tacoma. 

Can anybody tell me what their thoughts are on the road conditions now? The road was relatively easy when last I did this trip last year but don't have much experience in mud. 

Based on the video posted by yubert, it looks like my truck could get past the boulder. Mud may be the issue for us.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated. 

Ed
yubert

Video of the boulder.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!