Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 14      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
webboy52

20161025_230.JPG 
October 20, 2016, I took this photo of my truck beside a GIANT Joshua tree, near the road that cuts off to Lee Mine.  Saline Valley amazes me with the sheer, remote, beauty of the place.

I'll push it over the edge next time I go there. I'll use both arms if necessary.
Salt Peter

No Ford for me...never say never.
Monte

His name is Charlie
James Sel

Is the Lab named Wingnut or something like that.
Monte

Is this salt with an F-250?
Monte

No it's silver Mitsubishi montero with a black lab
Salt Peter

Is that Monte the dog with the green light on the collar?
Monte

Agree, and should name it something like boulder-17
Kevin Mokracek

I think it should be left in place, it's kinda cool.
Sierracu

Or you can bring your own dynamite...
Major Tom

You will have no problem. Worse case scenario: you unhitch the Samurai and drive the two around the boulder separately. Best case scenario: the rock will be gone by then. image1 (002).JPG 
RC Pilot Jim

Tom you have a pretty big rig. Mine is 4WD Tacoma with small (no overhang) Four Wheel camper.
Will I be able to tow the Samurai in? or should I leave it at home? I realize conditions change with each storm.
Our next try is March 13th.
Major Tom

I came out yesterday, (2/22) and skirted the boulder at about 1:00 p.m. It had been moved, but not removed at that point (Miller towing had apparently moved it a bit closer to the hillside, giving us in the Lance a bit more clearance). I doubt it had been removed later that day, but look forward to updates. (Waving to Lee from outside ... make sure you get the dates right!)

sanpanza

Thanks folks. We are leaving on Friday morning and I see no sign of rain for the next four days. Would love to hear from anybody that has some knowledge of the mud situation. Have a 4X2 Tacoma with little experience in Mud.  

Our alternative would be the Easter Mojave Scenic area but it is not SV. Sigh....

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!