Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 15      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
Dunkkd
Thank you for the help. I am driving a large toyota truck but the vehicle is not 4x4 drive. 

Terawanderer

What are you driving ??    The route  is fine for any 4X4 with some good clearance  in high range 4X4.  I did it in one hour forty five minutes on Friday and sunday.
Salt Peter

Yep, it's washboard city.
Dunkkd
Has anyone taken south pass recently. How are the road conditions?
John914

Just exited South pass today, Friday, 11/10. It was the worst I think I've ever seen it. Very rocky and bumpy.
myenzie

http://www.ghosttownexplorers.org/deathvalley/sanlucas/slc.htm

Thunder58

Hi Silver Bob! I know you don't remember me but you and your wife were broke down on the corner of Saline Valley rd and Bat when we found Warm Springs for the first time. My friend Shannon and I got out to ask directions. 

Thank you for the update. Trying to find the best way into Beverage but it all just looks grueling.
SilverBob

There WAS a road down San Lucas Canyon, but it's been gone for over 60 years.  You can hike the route and still find traces of the old road cut into the canyon walls, but nature reclaimed the road down the wash long ago.
Thunder58

Is there another rout into Saline Valley Warm Springs from the Lucas Canyon area? ANd if so what are the current conditions of the road?

Thank you
jynxx1970

Came in & out on the south pass all is well as of 10-22-2017 rough as hell nothing new ....
Sam D.

Seemed heavy at times. I hope the pass is not washed out.
Salt Peter

Light or heavy rain?
Sam D.

Rained today as I exited S. Pass around 1:30pm. The rain chased me all the way to Olancha.
CanyonHiker

Came in South yesterday, Oct 1.  Based on twelve years of coming here I would classify it as normal to good between the highway and the pass.  Normal to a bit rough from the pass to the junction with Bad Road.  Bat Road itself, normal.   No road issues worth mentioning.  Any reasonably high clearance vehicle with good tires should be fine.

There were a grand total of six campers at Lower last night.  Four vehicles.

Terawanderer

Went out South Pass today.......usual condition with washboards .....any high clearance vehicle with 4X4 no problem.  Saturday was a beautiful day......lots of stars at night and only  9 vehicles total....lots of private soaking.....
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!