Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
skipper

Wishing you the very best, STAY STRONG .
YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT
gypsyrob

Shit Gene. I'm real sorry to hear that. I really liked her and she's in my thoughts, whether or not we are able to bust in.

Gene

Thank you everyone. Solver Bob, I included your email address in a news email I send to our friends every week or so.

Anne is in a very early stage of what is likely AML. The treatments are severe chemo and if that doesn't work, an attempt at bone marrow transplant.

We have a few good things on our side. We caught it before she became symptomatic, Anne is in very good health otherwise, UCLA is kindly (without insurance agreement) doing a third and greatly in depth pathology to identify the cells and chromosome in order to insure properly diagnosed treatment.  We have looked at all those "alternative" treatment centers but they are really for cancers which grow slow. Leaukemia can be very quick in the rapids rate of cell growth.

With all of this, Anne and I are being positive and strong. There are some people who beat this. We are looking forward to being through this nightmare, having it behind us and finally a wedding in our backyard.

I think I met you once in Saline Valley...either way, I am sending "a bunch of positive vibes" your way. I have no doubt that the two of you will get through this!
Big John

Gene, Nice touch with the photos of Anne. Best wishes to you both.              Big John, Paso Robles

SilverBob

Well, we DO know you both and what a kick in the stomach!  Hopefully you're early enough to catch it.  I realize that nothing Michelle and I can do or say can help, but I hope you know we'll be thinking about you a lot from now on. Please keep us up to date.

SilverBob
Major Tom

Hi Gene, don't know Anne that I know of, but Ill keep you both in my thoughts and Im sure you will feel a great wave of love coming out of the Valley for you both.
Gene

Gene here, one of the fiddlers that play music at the ball game. We won't be making it in to President's Day this year. My girlfriend, Anne, was just diagnosed with leukemia. The exact strain is not yet decided. We have the best of UCLA Medical Center working on it,  but it seems to be a fast acting one that requires immediate attention. I was just thinking those of you who are our friends, actually anyone who loves Saline,  can give her a few nice thoughts over the weekend. We accept energy, prayers, whatever.

Thanks, Gene
Saliner since 1985

More pictures here: http://www.generubinaudio.com/id23.html

Attached Images
jpeg pb290132-1.jpg (115.76 KB, 16 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution