Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
florida

Some male friends of mine took care of folks like that by parading toward the pool, not naked, but wearing colorful tutus. The clothed miscreants took off in a hurry.
Sam D.

I believe the CO sign was taken down per NPS request. People here can elaborate more. I believe the SPA Memorandum of Understanding includes the agreement that SVHS is not included in any CO guides.
Salt Peter

I don't mind if people wear suits or not but not business suits and entire wardrobes. Geez! There should definitely be a sign for newbs.
Hi Desert Warrior

Came in last Sunday and camped at the Palm springs.  I saw a lone camper cleaning the Wizard pool.  Afterword he left in his car toward the lower springs.  I was soaking the the volcano pool and about an hour after he left, a couple in their 50's came up to the wizard pool in a white SUV that had a storage Ben on the roof that look like a surf board.  They got out and went in to the pool clothes and all.  So much for the cleaning the pool.  They soaked for about 15 minutes then got out and with their wet clothes on and went into their SUV then headed for Steel Pass.  They got about 1,000 yards down the road then turned around and went toward the lower springs.  Later on a guy pulled up and join me in the volcano pool.  He said some elderly couple was at the lower springs in the sunrise pool with their cloths on.  When he approached to soak in the pool the man in his 50's yelled at him "to put his cloths on, there's a lady present".  He said to the guy if you have a problem me being naked tell it to the camp host.  Then he went to his car and drove to the Palm springs and had a soaked telling what happened.  That Sunday night I went to soak in the wizard pool and a young couple was soaking with their clothes on.  They left when I got into the pool naked LOL.  Good riddance.  When I first came to saline about seven years ago, there was a sign at the lower springs that said it was clothing optional.  When I came back about four months later the sign was gone.  I feel there should be a posting so people will not be surprised of naked people present.  Various hot springs books and the AAA Death Valley map say the springs are clothing optional, so why hide it from the arrivals?
John914

I happened to have camped in that very spot the last 2 nights and took about a third of that pile home to trash.
tbone ribeye

Come first freezing night and all that will be burned.  Formaldehyde fumes notwithstanding.
Sparky of SoCal

Fat chance of ever seeing that guy ever again on a government document. Male,white,healthy,middle aged,"red neck" hat,deplorable type ..............
appletreasures

Johnny Horizon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Horizon
zardac

I believe this is all part of the new world order, and we need to all hole up with our guns and peanut m&ms (peanuts= extra protein) until it passes... except I don't think it will.
Trash, tagging, and graffiti seem like a ubiquitous and immutable feature of our brand spanking new internet- linked world.

Not too many years ago there were a handful of places that I valued, and that seemed to be largely respected and unmarred by previous visitors. 
These spots were protected by their low-profile status. 
You either needed to be told about them, or go to the trouble of leafing through books and maps.
This went a long ways in screening out the jackasses.
Those places now are simply nice memories.

The road conditions probably protect these springs- the road conditions and having the lizard guy around.

I'd recommend taking it a bit further and openly discuss the school of Piranhas churning about in the pools- plus the saltwater crocodiles indigenous to the area- and (of course) the swarms of Naegleria foweleri leaping from the water into nasal passages... all the creatures and bugs that have somehow survived the area's residual nuclear fallout.

Have the NPS erect signage. They can resurrect Johnny Horizon.

gael

All that particle board and a futon frame were there on July 7 and probably left by a party visiting for the 4th. I made the assumption that the "perpetrators" thought they were doing some future visitors a favor, or maybe just litterbug hillbillies. I didn't have the room to haul it out and it was too damn hot to start a bonfire, not to mention a natural aversion to being engulfed in hideous toxic shellac and preservative fumes. Otherwise, I cleaned the pool and outhouse, packing out the usual sundry garbage items, and all the while thinking very highly of myself.

What's worse is when foolish folk burn pallets, leaving a large rusty pile of nails, ash, melted beer bottles, tinfoil wrappers, tin cans, etc. I see that quite a lot up north. Party people. Damn them!

If I had 5 dollars to bet, i would say that the guys who presented the post-storm video are the guilty ones. They were there right before me and no other tire tracks were to be found. I say we line them up and spank their young buns with a big fat leather ping pong paddle. Bad bad bad!

SilverBob

He was in the Valley from Aug. 30th through Sept 7th.  The debris was there when he arrived.
Sam D.

See it now.
Did your friend tell you when he found this mess? There were very few people at the springs for Labor Day.
It must've been somebody prior to that.
SilverBob

Well, it shows on my laptop, my tablet and my phone.  Don't know what to say...
Sam D.

No pic, Bob.
SilverBob

I got an email from a friend who spent Labor Day weekend at the Palm Springs.  Here's a picture of what he found.
[043%201_zpsntuwoaw2] 
What kind of a jackass hauls a load of particle board all the way to Palm Springs to dump it?  I honestly think that some people are alive, only because it's illegal to shoot them! [mad]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution