Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
dreg5150

Wow! Hi everybody. Some of you I have met and some I haven't but, rest assured, I know who you all are due to the countless stories. I'm Mike, one of Skip's son's. Idaho Dippers, we met at Chattanooga in '09 and George I met at Spencer this last September. I have known of everyone though throughout my childhood. Just wanted to post and thank you all for your kind sentiments and being part of his life. I could only hope to obsess about hot springs as much as he did and the stories he loved to tell really weren't about the springs. They were always about you guys and the fun that he had with you all. Saline was his favorite by far. Yeah, he went for the soak but that wasn't all. That was his paradise. His people. Please feel free to contact me. I would love to keep in touch and carry on his naked legacy. I can be reached at desertratt27@gmail.com. Hopefully, we all can have a toast, a soak, and just share some good times. Cheers to you all!
Mike

Rusty Scout

Helluva Guy!  A true Saline Valley fixture. Glad I saw him again on President's Day as it had been a while. Greener pastures Skip.
oregonjohn

Well where do I begin on stories about Skip,
We had so many adventures together that sometime they blur. The man showed me so many hot springs and good times. I am SO privileged to have known him. 
I am so lucky to be on the last cover of the Gazzette. I think "make ya famous" was his quote when he asked me if he could put me on the cover.What a trip that was with Evie Litton and the Idaho Dippers. What a wealth of hot springs knowledge they all had, I just listened and tried to take it all in.
Skip had another passion, golf. We met at Spencers HS one time for a few days of soaking and then went and played "The loneliest golf course in America" located in the Big Smoky Valley. What a hoot that was, Skip and Daisy Mae (his faithful 4 legged companion) riding around in the golf cart. I think he let her drive a few times.
He also was a fantastic cook, we would try and outdo each other when we got together. What are you cooking tonight, Skip, I would ask. He would rattle off something from a menu of a 5 star restaurant, with a bottle of a good red wine, of course. A "foodie" he was.

I will miss you very much, my old friend.
John
Oregonjohn

natur_lover

Is anyone planning to head to Vegas for Skip's gathering?

Commando Paul

Salvo completed...

3 rds of 2.00 cal supersonic stem tuber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuber), or SST.  A fitting salute...
Commando Paul

Farewell, old friend and many a fine soak we had and a bottle of wine here and there along the road.  Seems like just the other day i followed you up Whippoorwhil Canyon in a foot of fresh snow after the Prez.  I reckon the vintners will also note a drop in demand...

A farewell salvo from Commando P
PahrumpGeorge

He was indeed one of a kind.

For those not able to attend; if you have a really good Skip story (there are many) send them to me I will give to the family or read at the gathering.

George Brizendine  gbriz@sbcglobal.net
natur_lover

Dan and I are so sad to hear Skip's moved on to the "big hot spring in the sky" ... I know he's found a really, really hot one by now. <Smile>

It sure was great seeing Skip and Daisy at Saline this year. We sure will miss him. Not sure if we can drive out to LV on Sunday but we would love to be there to reminisce about Skip. He was one of the great hot-springers.

Happy Soakin' Skip!
PahrumpGeorge

We are all sad to learn of Skips passing. He had been to more hot springs than anyone I have ever meet; Saline was his favorite. He made it to the 2011 Prez. day weekend with the help of Robby, his son. We debated what would be a good date to meet at Spencers Hot Springs; he always looked forward to the next soak.

There will not be a funeral, but the family is planning a small get togather this Sunday in L.V. to tell Ship stories; I don't know what time. Marlena does not have phone no's or email addresses for some of his friends. She would like to hear form the Saline bunch; many she hasn't seen in several years. Ph. 702 373 2299 or email marlenaahill@yahoo.com.

The springs just won't be the same without him. We have all lost a good friend and camp mate. Budweiser is expected to have to largest production reduction since the Wisard died.

Goodby Skip
idahodippers

We are sad to report that Skip Hill Passed away Wednesday 3-23-11

We just received a phone call from his wife Marlena telling us the sad news.
She said that there was going to be no funeral but may be a get together at a later date.

Chuck and Steph
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution