Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
timothy_sutherland

I vote for none at all but otherwise I would say a three foot fence, rustic looking, blends in with the natural look, able to see through it, or why not surround the entire perimeter around the palms to enclose the tubs into one enclosed area? That way when your on the grass, you've already come through the fence and don't have to look at it.
Jukebox Mark

Thanks Bob. As such, I think you cannot properly discuss the pond without discussing the dishwashing stations, the tubs and anything else that contributes to what's in the pond, as well as what you're trying to protect/keep out, which presumably means talking about the "non-native species" of wildlife.

I'm trying to avoid diluting the value of my formal comments to the NPS by segmenting them under 'their' categories. On the settling pond component, I make sure to make specific references to the other components involved, along with pointing out how addressing one will affect the others. I hope to have a draft posted for review by the weekend.

Jukebox

That's correct.  It's at the lower end of the lawn area at the Lower Springs camp.  Most of us refer to it as the Fish Pond, but the NPS doesn't even seem to want to acknowledge that there are fish in there.  All the pools, the sink and the shower drain into it, along with the sprinkler water that isn't absorbed by the lawn.
Jukebox Mark

Please identify the location of the settling pond. I am proceeding on an assumption that it is 'downstream' from the Lower Springs.

something organic that could rot in short order [smile]
Farmer_Fred

A 4 ft high fence with open slats able to see in .   or   a cover    either would be acceptable .   Note:   there is no reference to the source pool fencing   no need to go there not a problem.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!