Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Major Tom

The was a fantastic presentation, and my thanks to Tim and Brian for sharing their work with everyone. Highly recommend folks look in on their blog spot web site. Cant wait for the book!
SaltTram

Friends of the Eastern California Museum
Annual Meeting and Membership Dinner
Saturday, March 13, 2010

Owens Valley High School Multi Purpose Room
202 S. Clay Street, Independence, California

4:00 p.m. –Reception and Preview of the Women of the Eastern Sierra Exhibit at the Museum
5:30 p.m. (Owens Valley High School) - Potluck Dinner, Introduction of Officers, Guest Speakers

Tim and Brian Waag-- Guest Speakers
(Wow, I actually found a photo of the two of us at the Salt Tram - in the SAME photo!)
The Saline Valley Salt Tram

The Waag brothers’ presentation will begin with the genesis of Tennessee-born White Smith's inspiration to build this truly one-of-a-kind Saline Valley salt mine and 13.5 mile tramway over the entire Inyo Mountains to Owens Valley and its railroad spur. Tim and Brian will then lead a guided pictorial tour of their hazardous 3 day trek along the entire Salt Tram route, starting in Owens Valley and ending in Saline Valley. Finally, they will focus on the many mysteries that still confront them regarding the Salt Tram's construction, operation, bankruptcies, wild bucket rides, and its ultimate demise.

For further information please contact:
Roberta Harlan at 760-873-8583 or Elaine Delaney at 760-878-2625
SaltTram

Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 5:30pm in Independence, California

The "Friends of the Eastern California Museum" have asked my younger brother Brian and me to give a presentation on our Salt Tram Research at their Annual Membership Meeting/Dinner on Saturday, March 13, 2010, 5:30 p.m in Independence, California, at the Owens Valley School Multi-Purpose Room. We wanted to let folks know in case they were interested in attending. Also on the same day, there is a open house and reception at the Eastern California Museum from 3:30pm - 5pm.

For more information, see:

http://salttram.blogspot.com/2009/12/set-your-calendar-for-saturday-march-13.html

http://www.inyocounty.us/ecmuseum/index.html

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!