Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
James Sel

LMAO,  I bet you think you witty, but Mylo I sure got you to bunch up your panties.
mylo

Hey James Sel.  Thank you, I.m sure.........In the meantime, please do review (since you like talking about rules.)

3. Members may not attempt to misguide other members..............

4. Posts that are disparaging toward any religion, race, nation, social status, gender, or sexual orientation are strictly forbidden. Any post using excessive vulgarity, threatening or harassing, obscene or hateful, deliberately inaccurate or misleading, explicitly sexual in nature, an invasion of a person's privacy, abusing our censor, or in any other way violates the law may be edited or removed and the user may be banned (at the discretion of the Administrators

New asshole?  Even worse, look in the mirror James and you'll see an old asshole.....Lol.   It looks like when you have a disagreement, you resort to immature personal name calling.  At least with Jeff, after I barked at him he remained a gentleman.  For that I'll give him respect.   However, you James Sel, can kiss my grits.  The only thing pissing is you, into the wind.  You've got no credibility.  I looked over some of your other ramblings and it looks like you're a regular repeat offender of the various By-Laws, etc...So in the future, you're the last person that should be yacking at someone about off subject matter, rules, etc..........You know the old story I'm sure, about living in a glass house and all that.....and throwing stones.

I dunno, perhaps James, you're just a ornery old desert fart?  I suppose you'll counter now.  If not, sounds good.  I've said my piece and I hope same for you.  Perhaps we can at least agree to now move on?
timothy_sutherland

Please consolidate, but maybe move all the old stuff to a folder called History, maybe with dates.
James Sel

Jeff I welcome the new asshole; kinda miss reading Un's turkey bone soup this winter. I just hope he doesn't piss in the tubs like he does here on the forum .....got a rule for that too.
Big Jeff

Dear Lo

No pantie bunching here, going commando tonight wishing I was at the Springs right now.   Also I am one to try and learn from any mistakes that I may make, so I went back over three pages of my posts, I will let them stand on their own.   Absurd, well actually I am very practical and level headed.   Guilty of Being off topic, I have nev.....  OH DAMM I am OFF Right now.   In addition I am sure that Major Tom And Silver Bob are preparing PM's right now banishing me to North Korea.   In closing it was once said "Let the Fool Speak".

PS
If you wish to continue this banter start another topic over there somewhere.
bobhuckaby

It just so happens that I was roaming around the forum and other internet resources this morning looking for information about other routes, as I just signed up to take a college class in death valley this spring, from which I would probably come into the springs from a different direction (I always come in north pass because that is most direct).  Reading past reports was very informative and helpful in trying to decide what my viable options are.  For example, with my new full-size truck, are Steele and Lippencott really good options for me?  Yes, other people have done it in everything, but that does not mean that I want to go that way and risk damage to my equipment or other undesired consequences.  Therefore, please keep the history available somehow as a resource for us thinking souls.  However, streamlining and updating the topics and threads is great.
Major Tom, thanks for all you do.
Bob from Tahoe
mylo

Dear Jeff......apparently you have your panties in a bunch.  The only one popping appears to be you.  If you don't want to read about something, scroll thru it, simple.  Your assassin suggest to me about going to one subject, then another (for what I wanted to share with anyone interested, in one simple paragraph) was ridiculous.

It appears you have become entirely complacent with the absurd.  You yourself have gone way off subject on many topics and are in violation of the so-called rules you yourself like to so eloquently point out...... so don't be a hypocrite.   You should dismiss yourself from this forum for being so anal on other peoples suggestions and perspectives.  This forum is for sharing, so don't go off acting like you own it.......you don't.   Reality checks are are wonderful thing Jeff, get use to it. 

Big Jeff

Mylo

FYI the terms and conditions encourage people to start new topics and discourage them from getting off topic.   Those few of us that are ANAL just want things to stay on track.   It is very easy to start a new topic in the proper category.   I have no need to read about your pop up off road trailer in the Road conditions area.[rolleyes]
Sparky of SoCal

I think milo has the same idea I think was the original thought when you guys started this forum. There are 4 or 5 roads and an airstrip to get into the valley. I remember when I started lurking I simply went to the road I was interested in and got the latest road report.
mylo

Major Tom, thanks for all your time and efforts that go into "Saline Valley Talk".  I've found the CURRENT info that's posted here very useful and informative (as I'm sure countless others have also.) 

Imho, I think its good that you want to break up the road conditions to the four routes.  A suggestion, while you're at it, disable the function that allows people to create new sub-topics within the four road conditions categories that you want to do. As it is now there's so many sub-topics off of the main categories that its pitiful. 

If people drift off topic a bit from your proposed four Road Condition categories, (which a relatively very small number of people are anal about) so what?  The category subject will get back on track again and in the process, good info about Saline Valley related info will be shared.  After all, if someone doesn't like a bit of off topic stuff, they do have the ability to easily scroll thru the messages.  The old saying rings true, that being, keep it simple....  Just my two cents worth, good luck!
crsellars

Hi All, I am for splitting the passes and keeping the road condition sites on subject. I find so much off subject info on the road sites that should be on general topic sites.
Big Jeff

Major Tom

All of the Topics and Pictures on this forum represent some of the history of the SPA, the Saline Warm Springs and the surrounding areas, it would be a shame to lose these valuable asset.   They should remain in some type of searchable data base for eternity.   I for one, when I first visited this forum, read most of the topics from their beginnings.   This information gave me great perspective and insight of the Saline experience in the times before my first visit and I continue today to research information that may relate to current posts http://forum.salinepreservation.org/post/north-pass-5151926.   Please be careful as you proceed.   I agree that it would be good to split the passes into separate topics but cross over will still occur, because posters will want to continue their story on one thread.   This will take more work I am sure.   As for Off Topic, there is an example in this thread (Sam),(and I also have been guilty of this before), I believe this will be difficult to control, but maybe a nasty PM from the Mods, or the dreaded keyboard Taser may work.   Also I would like to thank you Tom and all of the others that make this Forum
Great.   In closing ( I will use a get out of Off Topic Jail Card here) Merry Christmas, Remember the SPA.
Don't send Cards or Fruitcake, send $CASH$ Donate today I am it's Easy.
Salt Peter

I'm glad this is happening but I don't think it should be purged. Why not lock the old threads? There is a lot of good info and photos.
Ed_B

You might save the discussion on Tires. That really is a pretty decent discussion.
Tule

It seem such a shame that all of our past "pearls of wisdom" will be lost forever.  Truth is I'm getting lost in the truncated threads.  Go ahead and dump them! [wink]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!