Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Major Tom

I have just heard from the Inyo County Road Department. They have made it to, and repaired the big washout at Willow Creek, and anticipate being at the Springs turn-off by Friday. The plan is they will continue improving the road to the south beyond the turn-off. Kudos to the crew!
s@ndm@n

Wow. Didnt realize i hadnt posted here yet. Sorry about that as a first post.

Im Aaron. I have a trip planned to DV in Jan, and will be hopefully coming in north pass, thru to racetrack, and then down to furnace creek to stay for a few days. Group of experienced offroaders and racers.
s@ndm@n

Flickr gives you 1 terabyte photospace free now, its a yahoo company. If you are a pro photog, 500px is a great site as well, but has limited free use.
craig333

Photobucket is a safe site. My guess is you clicked on a look alike site. The bad guys are tricky. Superantispyware is another good one. Depending on your browser you might add ghostery, disconnectme, clickandclean.
PahrumpGeorge

Jim:
Thanks. Yes, that is the web site I accessed. Also, I used malwarebytes to clean up the mess; that is what found the 121 malware infections. There were other issues, it replaced my home page and then made it difficult to recover; I now have a problem with computer speed.
Maybe I'll try again, but now I am a little reluctant.
Thanks.
Geo.
RC Pilot Jim

George - I'm sorry you had problems.

Are you sure you went to this website?    http://photobucket.com/

It worked for me fine. If you need a good malware killer try http://www.malwarebytes.com or http://www.roguekiller.com

-Jim
PahrumpGeorge

I downloaded "photobucket" and wound up with 121 cases of malware which included a "re-direct" function; took most of a day to clean up that mess. Got a lot more than I thought I was asking for; what did I do wrong?
Geo.
Candace66

Thanks for the pics of the Racetrack.  I think that may be even more unusual than seeing snow on the Eureka Dunes?
RC Pilot Jim

BonneDickson and SiverBob,

Thanks SilverBob. I opened a FREE Photobucket Account (photobucket.com) and uploaded the pictures I took in Grapevine Canyon November 3rd and updated that Post "South Pass  November 3rd". Here is a sample.

Bat sign with Dust Devil to the rear.
[image] photo 100_3125_zps40eb500c.jpg

[image]

For those of us challenged by computers following is the steps.
1. Open a FREE account with PhotoBucket (photobucket.com)
2. Upload your photos from your computer, smartphone, facebook. I uploaded mine from my "My Pictures" folder.
3. After loading Go to the Library and choose one photo
4. To the right of the photo see a box in gray title "Links to Share this photo"
5. Left single click on the oval box to the right of HTML - you will see the word "copied" flash on the screen.
6. Go back to SPA text box. Select location to insert the picture, click on the "Tree" symbol
7. Paste the HTML URL you copied into the box. Click ok. Your photo will display.
8. Photo will be huge until you complete your Post and Press the "Add Reply" button or "Save" button for new Posts. The photo
   auto-shrinks to the correct size.

Hope these instructions are clear enough. Now I can create better Posts.
-Jim
James Sel

looks like you don't have to be registered or logged in to post a pic. The bus is on hwy 178 near Weldon
Unregistered123
[564649_1401924546713573_75808959_n]
SilverBob

I'm not aware of any such restrictions.  Maybe Major Tom will chime in here with an answer to that.
Sam D.

It appears that Bonne... followed the steps and got permission error. Is there an option in the forum's admin screen to grant the ability to upload pictures?
SilverBob

You guys are making it a lot harder that it actually is!  Look at the toolbar at the top of the text box you type in.  See the icon that looks like a tree?  That's the "Insert Photo" icon.  Just position the cursor where you want the picture to go, and click the tree.  You'll get a dialogue box where you can enter the URL of the picture you want to post.  Easy!

If the picture is only in your computer, you have two choices; You can upload your pictures to a picture hosting account and post your photos from there, or use the method that Jim described above.  I use Photobucket, but there are many others that work just as well.  Good Luck!
Sam D.

Some forum software requires users to have N number of posts before they are allowed to upload photos or create links. Could it be the case? Also, check the size of your photos. They might exceed the max size. Try posting a very small picture (no more than 100K)
You can always delete this practice post.
If everything fails, you can PM me for my email address and I can post pics for you.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!