Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 6     «   Prev   3   4   5   6
BigDaddyJEH

I have an FJ and it is a very capable desert vehicle!  Actually, it is amazing!

I flat out think it wrong to increase the number of people visiting the springs.  A lot of people work very hard to keep the springs up (I am trying to do more).  
Nevertheless, the more people coming to the springs means more work for the few that do most of the work.  
trigger

Wasn't meant to be an argument but thanks for being sexist. We have a tricked out FJ Cruiser. I'm always curious tho when someone makes that type of comment exactly why they think that. If you know your rig and it's a capable rig then you most likely have a good sense of desert visiting and are a great person to be visiting the springs. You most likely will be a person helping the less prepared rather than the one needing the help. Based on your comments tho I would guess you don't really know your ass from a hole in the ground. But then again you me and my wife are driving the most capable desert vehicle the world has ever seen! [smile]
mlmorrison

My 2 cents worth: I would much rather have someone familiar with and a lover of the Springs take people in and out than just any 'ole commercial operation running van loads of people in. And anyone can use the Springs, including jeep loads of jerks going on their own.
MagoElle

I'm not giving up or discouraged by a couple of grumpy old comments.  Thank you for adding the links to the park service! That was very helpful! If your making negative comments it's most likely because you have preconceptions and not enough clarity on the situation, if you met me and knew more details I sincerely doubt they would continue to have a problem with this. I've been going to the springs since I was 16, over 24 years now, and each time I go I bring in supplies, goodies for lizard Lee, and I bust my ass working on the place.  Im most definitely part of that community.  I make my own work schedule so I can get away and do a little side gig. Not looking to make this a huge operation, or an inexpensive service meant to haul loads of people to DV. I'll be screening for the right types to share the springs with and marketing to a specific demographic.  More like a desert outfitter.  Oh and I forgot to mention how I plan on using much of the profit to support the springs.  I do this because I sincerely Love SV Hot Springs. In addition to that I will not argue with anybody about what's the best desert vehicle is, arguing is a man's game, and a great way to suck my time and energy. I have better things to do. Please do introduce yourself and plan on looking me in the eye and telling me exactly how you feel in person.
James Sel

This is going south quick.
randycan

Who would have thunk. UBER/LYFT in and out of DV. Lol
Sam D.

Not at all. I am rather warning that it may happen. Never by me but I know some radical regulars there.
Sam D.

I am not sure if your transportation services will be supported by the saline community. Many people have contributed heavily to the buildup and upkeep of the place. Now you say you will provide paid services to benefit from the free labor ?
I do not think so. I would not be surprised if you experience a very high rate of flats.
trigger

FJ Cruiser is the best desert vehicle ever made??? Can you explain the mechanics behind why you think that? Just curious.
Dutchoven

This seems like a very poor idea, IMOr
Sam D.

We really need more commercial operators at the hot springs.

NPS' pages about commercial use:

https://www.nps.gov/deva/learn/management/commercial-use-authorizations.htm

https://www.nps.gov/deva/learn/management/commercial-bus-tours.htm

You need to obtain a permit prior to soliciting business.
MagoElle

I plan on getting permits as soon as I get my first interested customer. I like the donation idea!
Sparky of SoCal

Is a fee the same as a donation?
Salt Peter

If you are charging fees make sure you are permitted with the national park.
MagoElle

Now that I live close to my favorite place in the world and I own one of the best desert vehicles ever made, I'm chomping at the bit to be more involved with the springs. For starters I'm now offering Saline Valley Shuttle Services from Las Vegas NV and Big Pine CA. It's just me and my FJ Cruiser, so no more then 2 people, and no more then 2 trips per week. Contact me for arrangements and quotes. Please spread the word to fellow Hotspring nudists who would love to experience SV Hot Springs but don't have the proper vehicle for the roads. Some Equipment rental is also available, ice chests with sun protection/cooling system, and water jugs. Cheers 🍻 . Each visit I can update the forum with road conditions, bring in supplies, help with repairs and maintaining the springs. I can be reached at 503-728-8239. I'm planning on a solo trip soon, if anyone in the area wants to join me let me know...cheers, Elle
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!