Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
lobo

It is easy to call me a troll, you do it often, but you never fix a problem by calling me a troll.
lobo

Pointing out problems is the first step to fixing problems, and the way you treat whistle-blowers is sad. Are you a board member, James?

She posted on a proper internet site not controlled by SPA, if I facebooked[NOT joining Facebook] I would be a regular
James Sel

Above, Again is Loco trolling Sam.
James Sel

Ellen should work on solving the issues instead of pointing them out. Why not bring it up to the board members of SPA. 
lobo

Now you want to control what she posts outside of this forum? I never mentioned my children, only that the way you are storing hazmat on the ground means you do not care about other campers safety.  what you call a built barrier looks like a piece of plywood up against some shoddy masonry. I suppose OJ will come on here now and give another lecture about playing nice et al. I would think his construction skills could be used towards building a proper storage unit for all the Camp Needs.

I do agree that unsupervised children running wild is not a good thing, and I have no problem with reporting them to the camp host on duty, but not securing chemicals properly should be addressed as well.
Sam D.

NPS' Facebook page is not the right forum to make the suggestions. There has not been an accident with the way things have been stored. The built barrier prevents any spills.
But the bigger questions is why would one let children run unsupervised where coyotes, donkeys. rattlers, scorpions, black widows, small chock-able rocks, sharp brunches, prongs and leaking containers are so abundant?
lobo

She asked if a shelter could be made to hold the things you post about here in big letters repeatedly.  I can see from the picture that is not being stored safely, small kids don't know what is in those bottles, that alone should make you want them stored secure with a lock in my opinion. Reporting spills is proper thing to do, allowing spills  and not cleaning up contaminated ground is the wrong thing to do.

You pick and choose what you think is right and wrong, but this time, you ARE wrong.
Sam D.

Thank you Elle for posting the photo of the bleach and brushes storage area at the DV NPS run facebook page along with your suggestions/complaints.
Now the park service is under impression that the bleach leaks all the time. I only speculate that you wanted things to be tidied up a bit for your upscale clientèle.

NPS Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/salinevalley/

Photo:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209056485958686&set=o.134142166694454&type=3&theater

[image]
coldbeer

How much would you charge to do a beer run? Minimum 10 cases-no cigarettes
P3Tacco

Seems like the person that was hoping to set this up seems to be a nice, considerate person. My opinion is pretty simple and not at all meant to be elitist or negative towards that person.  But I just think the place is better with less people, not more. I don't think that makes me hate newcomers, or anything like that, it's just a fact.
Sam D.

So, how did this thread start?
Salt Peter

But Lobo there might be others willing to take you up on the offer to get some oil out of the snake.
James Sel

Don't go getting all UnHosed now

Attached Images
png Capture.PNG (20.56 KB, 67 views)

Salt Peter

Couldn't stand the heat?
All posts deleted? Why?
Salt Peter

Un-oh!
[eek][rofl][crazy]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!