trigger

Lol!!
Big Jeff

Should we call the ASPCA

The cat looks severely traumatized

jynxx1970

[eek] WOW LOL
trigger

For the bathroom I'm suggesting a life size painting of myself in a christmas sweater holding my cat. This is not me but it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about....

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpg (108.20 KB, 55 views)

Commando Paul

Hey, all a ya's, let's quit the cryin' and get moving with new embellishments, and keep them sweet and positive... [biggrin]
florida

I wonder if someone was just trying to make some simplistic statement about starting 'fresh'. I'm sorry that things may have been discarded that were of significance to some people. maybe someone has a limited skill set that includes painting walls and is trying to look busy.
XPBC

Ok so specific to Palm Spring outhouse renovations " has the book share shelving been painted, removed or none of the above"? Some of that junk hanging on up by the window that gave off some different light was mine. Can I come pick it up somewhere like the donated picnic tables of the Lower Springs?  That didn't make the criteria?
Sam D.

Lower Camp's latrines are left intact.
I am wandering if the Upper Springs' restroom was vandalized with some kind of a graffiti?
XPBC

So now I wonder if the toilets at the Lower Camp were painted as well.   I sure hope so.
Commando Paul

Hey HDW,

You may have misunderstood my post... [smile]

The burro turd comment was about the human BS that is in the air, rather than actual asses.  And although I'll miss the art in the outhouse, the fresh paint is a blank canvas upon which we can start over.

I probably had a bit of the poet's draught prior to posting that and may have waxed excessively allegorical!

CP
trigger

Interesting. Maybe the park service was just trying to keep the place looking good. That's a hard one cause I've never seen them put any effort into the place so it seems unlikely it was them. I wonder if the floor wasnt done because bleach is used on it. Maybe it'll degrade the paint quickly.
Hi Desert Warrior

I don't know how fresh the paint was.  Only that it was bright white and covered all the art work on the walls.  What really needed painting was the floor and it wasn't done.  As far as the over flow in the toilet, it was very empty of dung.  The walls and ceiling was well done, with no runs and the border trim was well masked with no paint spots.  My last venture to Palm Springs was last May and the walls then didn't seem to be in bad shape that would require painting.  But the floor did, and still dose.
trigger

Hi Desert Warrior was the paint extremely fresh? Would you be able to estimate approximately how long ago it was painted? Also would there have been a way to preserve the art work but yet still maintain the bathroom? I liked the art work but I wondered how the bathroom could be freshened up without painting over it.
SoCalSteve

There were a couple burros at the lower springs.  
Salt Peter

The burros and their droppings aren't there because it was summer and for the most part people weren't there to feed and encourage their presence. They were doing what they do naturally -subsist without humans. They will be back as soon as the numbers increase and people start feeding them. I'm surprised there aren't burros at the lower springs since that is where Lee is and he treats burros like pets.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution