Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
Tito

Thank-you to everyone that played and cheered for the Skins!!!   It was a great win for the ages!! Can't wait til next year!!!!       Love ya Toodle....................Tito
bobhuckaby

A most beautiful weekend.
For eternity, a real picture of the Skins win attached.
Bob from Tahoe

Attached Images
jpeg rsz_p1030412.jpg (334.17 KB, 85 views)

Pilot Dave

A beautiful and fun weekend it was!  
Sunny days, calm nights, good friends, great food, fun events and Saline Valley Warm Water!!

I do want to encourage everyone to add your constructive comments to the NPS's request for public input on the management alternatives.  And do remember,  the "no action" choice is really not a possible alternative.

I found while unpacking at home, I am missing a dark green furry fleece vest... it has a grey "wind stopper" liner on the inside.  I'm pretty sure I had it Saturday evening at the Tahoe Tammy Birthday Pot-luck Dinner,  may have left it hanging on the back of a chair, or could have been left around the Wizard Pool???    Margaritas have a way of messing with your mind.... hummmm.
Anyway, if someone found it laying around, I would be happy to have it come back to me.

Always looking forward to next time.....

Pilot Dave
Farmer_Fred

Yes a good time had by all !  HATS OFF TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS : [smile]  Pancake breakfast  Pot luck dinner Golf club Baseball organizers   and enough logistics to pull them off not to mention garbage collectors and pool cleaners.  Also the infrastructure fixers: Bat pole hangers  shower plumbers and road crew slaves.    And all without government support.
Tahoe Tammy

Thanks for the post Silver Bob.  Yes, no springs were harmed during the weekend activities [smile]

SilverBob

Since nobody else is doing it, I guess I'll give a quick summary of the weekend.

Spectacular weather was the order of the weekend.  Mild evenings and daytime temps well into the 80s made for a fine holiday trip. 

On Saturday a bunch of folks gathered for a round of Desert Golf up at Palm Springs.  Dana made the trip from Orange County to claim his second green robe, having won his first back in 2009. One by one, the competition fell by the way leaving Dana as the clear and convincing champion.  Well done, Sir!

On Sunday, we were just hanging around minding our own business, when a softball game broke out!  Someone got the brilliant idea to play a game between the Lower Springs and the Palm Springs.  What a clever bunch we have here!  Sides were chosen, a field was laid out and a game was played, all without need for any prior planning or organization.  After a moment of silence for friends we lost in the past year, followed by a stellar rendition of our National Anthem, play was commenced.  When the dust had settled, the Lower Springs team, calling themselves "The Skins",  had handily defeated "The Misfits" from up above by the score of 24-13.  The celebration continued well into the night with a Pot-Luck dinner at Palm Springs, followed by campfire music and general mirth and merriment.  A good time was had by all!

I wonder what we'll do next year!

Flipper

Super Moderators
I am planning on going in on Tuesday the 11th. First base glove and golf club on board for sure.
My try the south road just for the adventure. Either way ready for that faboulous hot water. Anyone hear from driptorch?
Scott & Pam

Scott & Pam will be there for the game.  (Ump & Score keeper)
Unregistered3
we are heading out on fri. Morning. Looking forward to it..

natur_lover

When is everyone going in?  I'm thinking about Thu via north pass.  I really need some Saline time!  Can't wait to see everyone again!
The Squirrel

Indeed, Tito!

James, Tigger enjoy's that, it might not be the best course of action.
James Sel

Tito if the tiger comes to bite, grab his nut and squeeze till you here a scream.  [eek] Glad you're coming out.
Tito

Bring it on Sgt Pepper,  I'll be waiting for you this time when I hit another Homerun!!
Squirrel you gonna make this year?   Can't wait to see everyone in a week!!!!
Flipper

Super Moderators
Lot of "chatter" going on here. I'm thinkin, show up suite up and put you skills to the test.
When the dust settles, braggin rights will be determined. I'll be there ready to play!
Just Un
This is going to be the last game played. Enjoy before nps shuts it down.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution