Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Matt P

James Sel- Thanks but I sort of had that one figured out, [biggrin]!!!

Flipper - Sounds pretty much like what I was thinking.  

Thanks for the tips!!
SilverBob

I'll be leaving in a couple hours.  We'll camp at Eureka Dunes tonight, then in over Steele Pass tomorrow.  See y'all there!
FVP

My group will be heading down Saturday morning, looking forward to spending the weekend with you all once again.

-Flint
Scott & Pam

Scott & Pam will not be out this year.  Accident with my 1996 Cherokee on Jacks Valley Road on 02-10-2017.  A 2006 Ford LTD made a fast left turn into the Target parking lot without looking who was coming in the slow lane.  We T-boned the LTD doing about thirty to thirty-five miles an hour.  Pam is still in Renown on Mill Street with eight breaks in her right arm and fourteen stiches in her left leg.  All I received was five sprained fingers.  The LTD was at fault.
XPBC

Breaking news for the Pancake breakfast;  We have added Oatmeal to the menu so bring a spoon along with your fork and plate. We have bowls.
Flipper

Matt P

Words of wisdom: The road is rough and known for its ability to find any weak spot in your rig!
It is wise to be prepared with supplies.
It is wise to have the right vehicle. I find it to be especially wise to go slow and steady.  

Supplies: Food and water and most important at least one good spare tire. A tire repair kit is always wise. May seem simple but know how to jack up you vehicle.

Right vehicle: Something with good ground clearance and at least LT rated tires. 4 wheel drive is highly recommended. Chains this time of year is wise.

A bit of etiquette, Always get clean before soaking in the hot tubs. There is a bath tub at the lower springs and a great shower at the upper springs. We strive to keep the pools clean. 

James Sel

Don't drive out here in a sedan. 
Matt P

Hey y'all, my wife and I are going to be heading up to Saline Springs this weekend (Feb 17 thru 20).  This will be our first time.  Any words of wisdom, advice, road conditions would be appreciated!
Flipper

If any are interested in traveling in as a group, Horn Head and myself are going to meet one mile past the "Y" in the Lee Flat area at 11:00 am Tuesday the 14th.
After Major Tom and I did a recon on the road yesterday (posted on south pass road conditions) any with a decent vehicle(good tires and good ground clearance) and good driving skills should be able make it in. You should carry chains, but likely you won't need them. If you have the handheld radios bring them. 

AS ALWAYS THIS IS A ROAD THAT REQUIRES YOU BE PREPARED! 
tomd

Been going out to Saline for 33 years and have seen and talked to kayakers on the salt lake and even used one of their kayaks to go out myself. Really enjoyed it!

tomd
Just Bill

Considering bringing in some kayaks..........In my 38 years in and out of the Valley I've never heard of anyone doing the lake......it looks substantial from a distance but is only 6 inches deep.??? ( I've heard) Anyone with knowledge of this folklore..........? Runoff may also play into this factor? Ive thought about it over the years but never acted on it. Any accurate knowledge from anyone would be appreciated! THANKS
Lyrically Driven

I've got the 11th thru the 20th off work, might go wander around and come in Lippincott on the 15th.

~Rider Rob
SilverBob

I'm planning to go in via Steele Pass.  I hate dealing with snow while pulling a trailer.  See you all there!
SoCalSteve

It's warnming up some for a few days.  Probably be a sequence of thawing and freezing creating both mud and ice.  Should be interesting.  We still plan on making a go of it.
Romy

https://instagram.com/p/BPrCQWLF4ab/ Relatively current conditions at Lee Flat.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!