Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
Terawanderer

The lower springs has no visible firewood.....anyone who can should bring some ASAP
Farmer_Fred

HEY   GANG    HELP  HELP   HELP      WE HAVE   NONE   PLEASE BRING!!!   BIG WEEKEND  A COMING  

RED ALERT  [eek]    [eek] 

WE ARE NOW IN DESPERATE NEED OF FIREWOOD FOR THE LOWER SPRINGS COMMUNITY CIRCLE

XPBC

Ok just zoom in on the map and scroll to the right a bit.  It is a high value Valley.
XPBC

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-117.61773440611956&lat=36.671676263999714#.VrQuYY-cFOx

Was checking the weather for next week and stumbled across a misspelling on the map.  I hope this comes out as a link.  Nice weather forecast but personally I like the warm weather. Any news on the boulders on South Pass out there?  Or any news on any passes out there for that matter.
mcfanny

Ken and I will be coming in with Minor Tom on the 13th. I'm always happy to wield a shovel and rake when needed, as long as our arrival isn't too late to help out!
SoCalDon

Next weekend we organize the pack up.
Scott & Pam

Scott & Pam will be there the same time as last Presidents Day!
florida

I'm good with small to moderate rocks. I'm also bringing tools - dirt rake, leaf rake, flat and pointed shovel. They will be donated to the springs. I would like to add that I would like these tools to be left by the wizard pool where they are easily accessible to all. There is no need to protect them from Saliners or to require that people hunt them down and ask for them.
oregonjohn

We were at the Springs this week end 1/22 and did a little ballfield maintenance. Hopefully the area around home will be a little more solid and there isn't a hole to climb out of when you run to first base now.
Picked up a LOT of rocks from the infield, but we will have to get a crew on Thurs./Fri. before the game and get the rest of the water damage filled in or raked over. There is quite a run off channel where first base was. So we won't have bloodied and broken ball players volunteer for some infield grounds keeping before the game!

OJ
SoCalDon

Jeanne and I are making plans. Would like to volunteer where needed.
florida

Good, XPBC, because you know damn well that I don't know how to use that winch!
XPBC

Were in!!
florida

I should be there some days before and during the festivities. Closer to the date I will shout out for anyone who wants to convoy in. I have that big truck with the winch on it which may come in handy depending on the roads.
oregonjohn

Well who is going out for Prez week end? Pretty quiet for a month to go. I am going in to do a little work on the ball field on the 22nd-24th of this month. It was really hammered over the summer, so any repairs to it now will be extremely helpful come mid February.

OJ 
Commando Paul

Florida, I have good news!  You don't even need to learn.  Just look at the list of past champs and you will see several shockers... [smile]  The course is unpredictably brutal, without prejudice.

A good caddy can be key.

Commando
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!