Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
James Sel

Snow? What snow?
florida

I wonder about the lack of posts lately, with The Big Day only two weeks away....
I'm counting on everyone showing up and beating a track down through the snow so that my new rig can get in and out. 4WD but no chains. TRY BUYING CHAINS in Florida!!
I do have a winch. Hahaha I need another vehicle to hook it to.
I assume that events are as usual and I will bring potluck preparations, and fresh pompoms if I can find them.
I know that there are many people on this forum (like myself) that don't like the Springs when there are many people there. Then again, this is the only weekend when I get to reacquainted myself with many people from distant places. I am sure that there are others that feel the same. I myself really look forward to seeing everyone.
I am driving in from the southeast. If anyone else is driving from the east coast or central states, please get in touch. I would love to convoy, and my route is never set in stone.

Sad to say that I will not be able to bring Moro Bay oysters......

Oh well, it is Sunday, nothing going on here, and I wanted to touch base with my Saline buds. Hope to see you soon.
Snowman

Thanks florida, I got a 4wd pick up, and the conditions shouldnt bother me being from southern Idaho where it can get cool and cold but also hot and dry in the summer time [smile]
rebs

I have a ride out, thanks all.
florida

Be sure that you prep your vehicle for the possibility of snow/ice on the passes.. Nights are cool to cold, so bring a three-season sleeping bag. Days generally warm up fast and you will appreciate a hat. I'm a Floridian and still have to be careful not to burn out there in February. Hope this helps. Have fun!
Snowman

This will be my first time heading here, just curious about what to expect/prepare for temperature wise for that time of year (mid February)
rebs

I need a ride out south, need to be in Highland/San Bernardino no later than Wed evening 2/18. Minimal gear and can pay expenses. Please text to 909-223-3652 or email. Thanks, Rebecca.
XPBC

Joel, I got one of those pancake dispenser thingys from Santa.  I'll be there flipping as usual.
The Drifter

PRESIDENT'S WEEKEND GALA EVENT: Pancake Breakfast February 14, 2015.

Pancakes, sausage (turkey and pork), eggs and for the Miss, Mrs, and female - a chocolate surprise.

Same BAT place, same BAT time... (10AM, Upper Springs between the pools, etc.)

Please bring your own plates and eating utilities. As always, need two volunteers to help with egg beating and pancake stirring.  And volunteers to help clean up.   Sorry folks, no bacon! To messy.  

Sgt. Pepper and Lonely Hearts Club / Rat Patrol (thanks Dennis)
Joel, Danny, Victor and Dennis

florida

As soon as everyone recovers from New Years let us think about the Most Important Event! Anyone driving in from a state to the East besides me that would like to Convoy? My route is flexible.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!