Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
SunMan

It was snowing in Big Pine this morning...big storm in Mammoth last night/this morning with at least 12” above 7K’...north pass could be quite a challenge for adventurers with appropriate vehicles and equipment. Snow up on Cerro Gordo as well as highest peaks of the Coso’s. Snow also on the lowest foothills of Olancha, can’t imagine south pass didn’t get something Friday or Saturday night. Will look forward to future reports. Suerte.
Just Bill

To answer 6 day ago post from Oregon John.....Bills Camp will be present come high snow or blocked roads with earth moving equipment.........Sacramento Dan is caravaning in with our camp Tribe!....Wednesday at Summit approx 10:00 AM. Hope to see all decades long Misfits!
bobhuckaby

NWS was showing some precip and w... in the valley past 2 weeks and this weekend, and chances this week
James Sel

Its too early to get a good picture of what the weather is accually going to be like for this holiday weekend. It looks like dust in the valley will be minimal. 

bobhuckaby

good idea to practice with the chains and check the tensioners, I was dreaming about that last night before I saw den's post.
waiting for some of the snow to melt as the truck is buried under 4 feet new last weekend
bob from tahoe
XPBC

I'm practicing putting on snow chains today to make sure they fit the new tires. I think I have already done this but practice makes perfect. Good idea for everyone to at least check their equipment cause the rubber tensioners can go bad.  We'll be there snow or shine!
Den&peg
SilverBob

I'll be there if I can get my Land Cruiser back together and running in time.  I don't think I want to deal with the snow in my Dodge pickup with street tires on it, and the long bed and no lift make Steele Pass a problem!  Of course, there's always the Wrangler...…

On second thought, I'll be there! [thumb]
bobhuckaby

debating what to cook for potluck, still picking the dirt out of the stew pot I started last year
and replaced the tent that folded upside down, took my knees months to heal from chasing the ground cloth
been watching the road conditions, I hate putting chains on the truck but my new offroad tires should help
I have room in the truck to share and the trip would be catered (by me) so pm if want to connect
so if I'm the only person to play golf then I get the robe??? (my only chance)  Thanks OJ for keeping it going.
bob from tahoe
oregonjohn

Not a lot of chatter about Prez week end. Anybody going out?
Flipper

Super Moderators
I am sure many are planning on traveling to the springs for the  Prez holiday. I am heading in on the 11th. I would hope we could keep road reports on this forum vs Facebook. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution