Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Sam D.

Great job! Thank you folks!
I am just curious why SPA members posted on FB instead of this SPA forum?
Salt Peter

Saw on FB that the shower deck at Palm Spring was replaced. Thank you SPA members for the hard work.
bb

the storm has lifted in Bishop.. hoping it's about over down South too. 
James Sel

Agree looks passable
also looks like there may be plenty more to fall
bb

Reports on Facebook describe blockage of South Pass from a rockslide and a partial road collapse... waiting to hear more details but looks passable left of the boulder with some work

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 1.02.36 PM.png 

sierramtnman

Over 1/2” of rain in the last few hours in Owens Valley, with lots more to come.NWS just issued flood advisory. Forget North Pass, and South Pass probably have washed out sections. This is a serious AR event. Count on flash flooding in SV. Hope for the best for those at the springs.
bobhuckaby

well, big jeff, last I saw Flipper was an adult responsible for his own actions (even if childish)
NWS is showing very little new snow on north pass, going to very cold Friday on
SilverBob

I have no first-hand information, but according to Flipper and others who are at the Springs,  there is no snow or much mud on the South Pass.  There are several decent sized rocks that have rolled off the hill onto the road, but everyone is still getting in.

There were reports of 20 inches of snow on the North yesterday, and it's still snowing.

I'll try my luck on Friday, probably by Steele Pass.  Wish me luck!
Mono Man

I don't do Facebook so interested in any info on South Pass you can share here.  Have only used North Pass the past few decades to get into the valley but doubt that will be an option this week with all the snow.  Appreciate it.

Big Jeff

Does Flipper have a mistress
Has Flipper been cheating on SPA
Bob H do you handle divorce cases[mad]
SilverBob

Hey Flipper, you wrote,

"I would hope we could keep road reports on this forum vs Facebook."

but yesterday you posted a report on the South Pass Road on Facebook and nothing on here.  WTF???
Tito

Hey Everyone.... I will be coming in on Thursday with Tahoe Tammy and Margie. Lets All have a Great President's!!!
Tito
Tito

Hi Everyone....
My ride in got in a car accident this morning. I'm looking for another way in. I live in Reno. My phone # is 775-470-4559. Thanks, Tito
highlander

Hey all, 

I was wondering what some of the most experienced people know about the storms and how they affect Saline. Do you think that the way the weather is projected will make the weekend a total mudpit? 

A group of us are currently planning on heading in the either north or south pass in the afternoon Thursday with 4wd trucks. At this point think we're heading in south due to the hairy conditions in the north. But we're waiting to see how things work out. If there are others heading in north that day we'd join them.

Go Skins.
BLawyered

Following. :)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution