Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
James Sel

No it wasn't my pet It was suppose to be my dinner until the great escape.
Hi Desert Warrior

I left Palm Springs camp area Thursday morning. While driving to the lower springs a bunny rabbit ran across the road. No, it wasn't a jack, but it was grey. I hope some fool didn't turn it's pet loose as it will end up coyote food. As they say "don't feed the wild life".
Salt Peter

Sounds like you had a great time and a good understanding of the spirit of Saline.
edthecatcher

Hello everyone, just wanted to say that our trip in and out (North) was uneventful. The springs and camping areas were vice nice and well maintained. we met some very nice people and even broke bread together. thank you all for your input and guidance. Until next time. Rebirth in the waters that come from beneath and help thy neighbors.

Sam D.

Camp Needs forum is here:  http://forum.salinepreservation.org/post/show_single_post?pid=1292087362&postcount=44&forum=168231
edthecatcher

All. thank you. Looking forward to the trip from Riverside CA to the springs. we are on track to leave this Sunday 5/8/2016 in the afternoon. Spend the nigth and get up early to head down the South pass for a few days. We are going to bring some supplies to leave at the springs. Sounds like bleach and wood for the fire is a good start. Anything else? im on searayonthewater@hotmail.com
Sam D.

Great description of the week. I disagree on your assessment of the bleach supply, though. Lower Springs have 4 gallons in the storage and whatever stored by the crystal pool is not enough to last through May.
There are 4-5 gallons of the last year's bleach that's probably gone barren already. So, IMHO we need more to last until mid Sept when the visitation picks up.
hotsoak

Just got back from the springs, spent a week. The weather was the worst I've seen in many years. Thunder Storms, Sand Storms, cloudy, and windy most days. The pools at the lower springs are in fine shape, very clean. The area around the springs are in very nice shape with little trash. Many people help in this regards to keep the place looking nice for all. I came in the South Pass and the road was a little more wash boarded than usual but still passable. I had a report the graders were working the North Pass, and I talked to some that came in that direction and indicated the road was fine. The weekends the number of people gets around 25/30. In mid week around 10 or so spread out from lower to upper and in between. I'm sure the weather will improve in the coming weeks and be very nice for all. Plenty of bleach, more than enough toilet paper in the restrooms. They can always use some 5 gallon buckets for cleaning. See you in October[wave]

Hotsoak /
Barbecue Bob
Road Gypsy

Oh speakeasy don't be rude [smile] Edthecatcher happy anniversary! Lizard Lee has the place and pools looking great and clean. The road from the south is in great condition. Little washboard as usual. Always have a extra tire for that trailer and car [smile] And if you have been out to the springs 10 years before it sounds like you already know how it all works [smile] Enjoy your trip, be safe, bring water, and enjoy saline. I think your other half will love it. P.S. a bottle of bleach is always welcome for donation for cleaning tubs, and whatever wood you don't use or burn, just donate it to the lower springs community wood area on your way out. Plenty of TP was donated during the annual softball game. Enjoy! [smile]

The pools are all very clean, and the grounds look even better.  
chuckwalla

I visited the springs a week ago, entering from the north pass and exiting the south pass. North pass had a small detour around a washout that might have been a challenge with a trailer. The south pass (toward Hwy 190) was in good condition, and you could carefully pull an 18 ft trailer in that way. The pools were clean and wonderful.
Chuckwalla
edthecatcher

Nice!!! thanks
Sam D.

All pools are open.

Not sure about 18' trailer. I saw RV's at the springs a month ago but the road changed after recent rains.

Camp needs thread is here: http://forum.salinepreservation.org/post/camp-needs-4682056?pid=1292012302
Do not forget the elbow grease [wave]
edthecatcher

speakeasy

Thanks for your quick reply.. Please note, I hear you and agree and that is the kind of people we are. We always leave a place in better condition then when we arrive and are not afraid to help or take actions with approval from the host.

Are all the hot pools open? Is there a need to bring in some materials to make repairs? Not sure how to reach the Host as I know being remote, its nice if visitor ask what we can do to help.

We have a jeep and a off road 18' foot camping trailer. Not sure if that's a good idea to bring, and, we are fine with tent camping. Any suggestions ?

Again, thank you....

Ed
speakeasy

SVHS has always been visitor maintained. If something is not as clean as you'd like, you have the power to change it. Do not come in and expect someone else do it for you.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!