Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
Sparky of SoCal

Those HINDS are pretty cool, 'specially considering they were designed by a country that once tried to build airplanes out of concrete...

I doubt that.
peneumbra

One day back in the '90s, a Russian HIND (MiL-24) landed south of the Springs; at first I thought I was having a flashback to Red Dawn (the first go-round), wherein I helped with turning a Super Puma into a passable-appearing but almost-unflyable '24, but NO!

This one was real, and some Navy guys were taking it over to China Lake to do something with it. They'd gotten a warning light and put it down, but after about an hour, they lit it up again and (hopefully) made it to the NWS. I was glad to donate a six-pack of very cold Newcastle to the effort.

Those HINDS are pretty cool, 'specially considering they were designed by a country that once tried to build airplanes out of concrete...
D.A. Wright

Pizza Hut and partnered with DoorDash!

Wow!  None of the Halloween/November crowd had ever before seen an Osprey at Saline ... so I thought I'd share with the rest of the gang.  I have tons of jet photos (that I might get around to posting one day), but I thought these bad-boy Pizza Hut machines deserved a special mention.  
**LOVE** that idea Peneumbra!
Just Bill

I saw 7 ospreys at the end of October 2019 lumbering down the corridor late in the day....turned and headed south...quite an interesting and unseen before sight! ( for me).
peneumbra

These are the new delivery vehicles from the Bishop Pizza Hut.
desertholly

Two osprey came for a look-see on 7 November 2019.  Low and slow; they were quite a sight to behold.  Osprey.Nov.2019.1.jpg
  (look carefully on the right, over the source, and you'll see the second)
Osprey.Nov.2019.2.jpg

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution