Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
SilverBob

If you have (or can borrow) a phone similar to the one you found, just open them up and put the SIM card from the "found" phone in the one you can open.  Then you should be able to find the number assigned to it and call the owner.
Dpsmedic

Sounds more like it was not set up.
SBDon

Thanks for the suggestion. I was completely unaware of that feature and wasn't sure if it would start calling 911 if I pressed emergency.

I gave it a try but the medical option didn't show up on the screen. It could be because the owner disabled that feature or it could possibly be because the phone was fully discharged and it needs the passcode for the full restart before it will allow the medical option.
Dpsmedic

If its an iPhone and the owner set up Medical ID you can access that through the lock screen “emergency”
https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-access-medical-id-from-lockscreen-in-ios-10/

SBDon

Hi,

I visited Saline Valley last weekend with a couple of friends. We found a cell phone on the Saline Valley Road not too far from the road up to the Hot Springs. Surprisingly enough it charged up fine when I got home. It doesn't appear to have been out there on the road for too long. It's password locked so there's not any way to get more info about the owner from the phone. It does have a unique photo on the log-in screen. Hoping to get it back to the owner.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution