Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Thunder58

What does the Palm Springs area need?
florida

There is a difference in the quality of such pipe. Do not get the Home Depot stuff if you can avoid it. A true farm irrigation supply store will handle the good stuff..
XPBC

Please advise me if the pvc pipe and fittings actually show up and will be used.  I am looking into 210' of 1-1/2" irrigation pipe that comes in a big roll as too eliminate connections every ten feet.
Dennis
SilverBob

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for offering to bring in supplies, it is greatly appreciated.  Currently, we expect to have enough pipe and fittings on hand by this weekend to complete the job.  Since we don't really have any place to store excess hardware, I don't want to encourage folks to bring too much, since you'll just end up hauling it out.  Concrete is not needed either, for two reasons.  First, since there is so little drop between the source and the shower, the flow is quite slow.  That creates a lot of build-up that necessitates replacing the pipes occasionally.  Concrete would make that much more difficult.  The second reason is that the NPS really doesn't want any more concrete poured without their permission.  If you've ever tried to get permission from a bureaucracy to do anything constructive, especially if it wasn't their idea, you'll understand why we don't want to go down that road.

Michelle and I will be arriving about mid-day tomorrow.  You'll find us in the white teardrop trailer.  Stop by and visit!  (Careful, though.  We might put you to work!)

winks

"Un" is a troll. Not worth responding to.
florida

Sorry I couldn't make Halloween but I might get out there in a little over a week. I will have my new rig and perhaps can carry a few things in if I know what is needed. How are the fire pits? i could bring very heavy trash bags and concentrate on hauling fire ring trash out. And if someone will specify hardware that is needed such as PVC pipe and fittings, I would be glad to bring them in.
If my truck hitch is installed, I could do some dragging if that is still needed.
Or I could just sit on my butt and complain, but Un seems to have a monopoly on that task.
Hi to Georg and Ria!
Salt Peter

I too can say I witnessed the hard work which went on with the aforementioned individuals.

The "un" was unseen.
bnctrsrock

I'm coming up this weekend and staying through Veterans day.  Would be happy to bring in supplies if anyone can let me know what would be helpful.  Is cement or pipes (if so what size diameter and length desired) still needed?  I will also volunteer my services to help out with any projects. 
oregonjohn

I don't want to clutter up the Camp Needs thread, but let me tell you what has happened at the Springs. On Sunday Nov. 2, Lee came up with the air tank and we (Georg, Lee and myself) blew out the pipes to Volcano and Wizard. This helped with getting the flow back to normal. Dennis aka Hornhead took all the screens off and scrubbed them clean as a whistle. We then cleaned both pools and did some other maintenance in the distribution pond and the little source. When all was done, the flows were great and the pools looked very inviting.
Commando Paul and his group didn't want anybody running over the pipe across the road so they got the wheelbarrow and put out rocks so people would not drive over that section over Halloween.

OJ
James Sel

Now that's entertainment [wave]
SilverBob

This is a typical example of how "Un" hurls baseless accusations at the rest of us because she doesn't like the Camp Host(s).

Care to elaborate on the "projects" I wrote of that aren't "done"?   I called attention to the pipe at Palm Spring and the valve to the Volcano Tub that needed attention.  There was work done over Halloween weekend, and there will be more work done next weekend.  Everyone I talked to that was in camp over Halloween thought the place was in superb condition. 

By the way, did you scrub those deadly iron ions off the tub?  I actually hope you do "fix few things" next time.  That's how things have historically gotten done at the springs; visitors see something they don't like and they fix it!  They don't just start bitching from behind their computers that someone else needs to do it.  Why, I'll bet you and all your imaginary friends could have the whole camp in first class shape in no time!
Concerned Springer
I just got home from the springs. Not a single project Silver Bob wrote as "done" is actually fixed. This is a typical example of how SPA and the camp host are trying to hide from public their inaptitude towards maintaining the springs. I took some measurements so I can fix few things the next time I visit.
Georg&Ria

Somebody promised to bring new pipes for a new connection of the shower at Palm Springs at Halloween this year. Hopefully we can start the project soon! We plan to be in Saline shortly before Halloween.

Georg & Ria
ride

your unfortunately probably right.
I'd also like to apologize for my part in helping to clutter up the camp needs discussions, I just couldn't take the drivel any longer.
Tho it would not surprise me if the "Un" owns a primer-silver bicycle and likes to "hang out" just below lower springs. [wink]
Sam D.

It's a proxy often utilized by web anonymizers. In fact, last year I was trying to intercept this guy/gal and connected to the same proxy through a different IP to see if I can
sniff something out.
Silver Bob, I sent you a PM.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!