Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 6     «   Prev   3   4   5   6
Old Timer

Thanks, ski3pin.  Those photos help a lot.  Even though it might be illegal, it looks like it wouldn't be a problem getting through.
ski3pin

Here are some current photos that I found that should help .

Blog Report
Old Timer

Is it possible to get through to Wildrose Camground using the Lower Wildrose Road from Panamint Valley? I was at Wildrose for four days in March and saw a lot of vehicles going down that road and I never saw them come back up. I talked to a Ranger and he said that the NPS has completed repairs on their portion of the road, but that Inyo County was responsible for the rest of it. It doesn't seem like a priority for them to repair their section.

SilverBob

Reports on the other forums indicate that the road in question is in poor shape and will definitely require 4wd, as well as high ground clearance.  Going downhill is easier than going up, but the road is now the wash in some places, so you're driving over the rocks. 

Most folks just call it "the backside of Cerro Gordo", although some refer to it as Talc Mine Road. 

Have a good trip, and let us know what you find!
Hi Desert Warrior

In a couple of weeks, I plan on visiting Cerro Gordo and then on to the springs via Lee Flat and south Saline Valley road.  Can anyone tell me the road condition and if I need four wheel drive to make it to Lee Flat?  What is the name of the road that leads from Cerro Gordo to Lee Flat?
Major Tom

It has been pointed out that there needs to be a place for information on roads such as the Cerro Gordo and Wildrose-Trona road, so here it is.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!