Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
carexpert

Just came back from Lippincot and the Racertrack through Hunter Mtn.  Hunter's been graded from SV Rd to the summit and down the other side.
The guy that drove on the Racetrack Playa is a real dickhead. Did a real number on it...
OpenTrackRacer

Has anyone been down (or up) the road from Cerro Gordo to San Lucas Canyon lately?  Curious about the condition as I understand it was in pretty bad shape at some point recently.

Thanks!
DIG

Thanks Woody
Next time I go to the springs I will give it a go.
DIG
woodbee

DIG,

Correction, I did Lippincott April 2010.

Woody
woodbee

Hello DIG,

I came down Lippencott in 2012 in my E350 extended Sportsmobile 4x4. No problem, just a little tight in a few spots.

Woody
n8450s

+1 [smile]
SilverBob

I don't know.  I've never seen you drive.
DIG

Think a E350 Ford extended 4X4 Sportsmobile can make Lippincott RD?
P3Tacco

Thanks for the responses!  Sounds like about a full day roundtrip, with plenty of gas (and beer, of course).
chuckwalla

Hunter Mtn, Racetrack, Ubehebe, Big Pine to Eureka Dunes
I traveled the above roads on Friday, April 15. Other than some mud holes on Hunter Mountain and lots of washboard, there were no obstacles. 1998 E350 4x4 diesel van Sportsmobile
gael

I would say between 3 hours and eternity, depending on your fluency in German.
James Sel

20x X 15 X 18Z^ = ? The variables make it hard to guess? Depends on your speed road condition and if you stop to smell/water the roses. Its, IDK, 1 hour one way from the turn off. I've done it quicker but we were just short of racing. For me I'd plan for 3-4 hours. 

P3Tacco

Hi all, I have a extended cab 2013 F150.  From what I've been reading about Lippincott, there's no way it'll fit.  I did it decades ago but that was in a Baja Bug. Anyway, I'd like to go see the racetrack again and am wondering if anyone has an idea of how long it would take from the Springs to go South and take Hunter Mountain Road to the Racetrack?
John914

Hunter Mountain is kind of a mess. I tried it yesterday from the south and wound up turning around about 1/3 of the way to Teakettle Junction from Saline Road. Lots of mud, snow and ice. I would have been inclined to finish the trip if I was with other vehicles with recovery gear options, but not solo.
sgregg108

Any one have a recent update on the conditions of the Swansea Cerro Gordo trail to Death Valley? I was hoping it's not completely snowed in and passable. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!