Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
Sparkus Maximus

Wow...looking at the photo below, I don't see any tire chains installed...do y'all even carry them with you..?

I live in a deep mountain boonies snow zone, and even with my Jeep & Silverado, I always carry chains, new adjusters, and a shovel...

I'd always want chains with me this time of year, especially if far from home, where cell phone service might not exist... 

Beautiful. Thanks for the info, Slash.
slash2

It was fine a couple of weeks ago when I was there. Took it from South Pass around to Tea Kettle. Some ruts from the earlier wet weather but nothing of much concern.
John914

Anybody have any info on Hunter mountain? I'm planning to head in that way this weekend (leaving for DV today though).
jynxx1970

Feb 25 &25 2017
VegasNaturist

@jynxx1970 The lower pic where the Rubi is deep in muck, where was this pic taken? Our Jeep club just went over Hunter on 3/18 and we didn't encounter anything like that. We all made it from north to south and joined Saline Valley Rd with a mix of stock and modified Wranglers and a mix of driver experience. We did have a Subaru Forrester that came up behind us get stuck just passed Quail Springs (high centered on some deep snow), but we only had to pull him about 50 yards and he made it the rest of the way without incident.
jynxx1970

I was the one in the black jeep the red one was already stuck when we were approaching him and yes he was running BF KM 2's

knockknock

WHAT tires are you running, looks like BF  KM2?
jynxx1970

17156034_10154809720400546_1604308565751706315_n.jpg 16996099_10154809720375546_8150922177057130496_n.jpg 
Terawanderer

Hunter Mt road is impassible as of today....Lots of mud and snow....
Mamey
South Pass and Hunter Mountain are both snowed in at this time. No vehicles are going through.
Riley10baja

Has anyone been able to make it into the valley via racetrack to hunter mountain?
OpenTrackRacer

So Cerro Gordo to San Lucas Canyon was a walk in the park.  A few rough spots but pretty much a breeze.  As noted, Hunter Mountain is in great shape.  Lippincott Road was also in great condition and a breeze as well.
OpenTrackRacer

Thanks for the report!  Sounds like it should be no problem for our vehicles.
bikerjosh

@OpenTrackRacer, my buddy went down from Cerro Gordo onto to white mtn talc road out through Lee Flat back in July and said it was good shape. 
I'll be leading a group up it and out through Swansea on  November 6th, after 4 days in the back country. I can give a better report after that time. -Josh

PS- Drove my double cab Tundra up it Nov 14' when it was supposed to be in pretty bad shape but only used the sliders a couple of times. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!