Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Flyfisher

Your doing a great job Major Tom! It's really helpful that the topics remain the same through time. Makes it easy to find the relevant pass conditions.
Major Tom

Sorry for some confusion while I am figuring out the nuts and bolts. I had ROAD CONDITIONS locked so that no new topics could be created, but didn't realize that would prevent folks from posting replies. I believe that issue is solved now, and the forum should be open to replies, but folks will currently not be able to create new topics in that forum. General discussions and topics can be created in Road Discussions, or whatever we finally decide to call this sidecar forum. Thanks for your patience.
Major Tom

Turns out I can pin the relevant topics to the top of the page. The question to you all is, should be open ROAD CONDITIONS to all topics, or keep it locked and move other road-related topics to ROAD DISCUSSIONS and have two different forums? Please weigh in and I will sort it out in the next few days based on your feedback. Thanks.
Major Tom

Short of creating new and separate forums for each of the passes, perhaps we should limit this ROAD CONDITIONS forum to the original five threads so we do not end up with 59 different topics? Having suggested it, I just did it! This ROAD CONDITION forum is now locked from new topics being created.

heroicbill

This is great, thank you!

My only suggestion might be to make pass topics sticky so they stay at the top. It seems like things went down hill last time when new subjects were posted and the pass topics were pushed down the list.

Jake

Salt Peter

Woo Hoo! This is good stuff. Thank you.

Just noticed that older posts will be deleted. How come? Lets keep a historical record of the conditions within each individual thread.

Major Tom

I have moved all the past road reports to a locked ARCHIVE forum where they will be view-able by everyone, but no additions will be possible in the ARCHIVE. New threads for recent road reports on the passes are now available. Please use them judiciously, posting to the appropriate thread and staying on topic.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!