Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
RC Pilot Jim

"Salt" - the next time we go exploring I will. At age 69.8 years my body needs a motel bed after a 5 hour drive and too pooped to unload, put up top, etc. Saving my strength for the 5-6 hour "slog" to the springs Monday morning.
Salt Peter

Still think you should camp at PSR on the way north.
RC Pilot Jim

And coming from San Diego it takes one hour (or so) to travel from Olancha to Big Pine on the highway. So North pass would take even longer.

I will make sure at least one pic shows the camper in the worst spot so other "truck/camper"folk can see what road looks like. 
SilverBob

You'll be fine on the South Pass, just take your time. 

You might be able to go in the North as well, although it will take about the same length of time and there's much greater chance of damaging your vehicle.

Enjoy the trip, and I look forward to your report when you return.
RC Pilot Jim

Thanks Peter and James.

I reviewed Zidaro's "reply"  to SilverBob's North Pass review (Sept 13th)  before I asked my question, however didn't read until today "Bob's" original Post !!! How did I miss that?

I don't think I would attempt North pass solo with the camper after seeing his pics.  I will go South, take pictures and update you all when I return November 4th.

James I always carry pump,plugs, Slime, Hi-Lift, chains, one full size spare (God-is-my-co-pilot), and am in low-range  creeping through the rocky areas. I take my time as just being "out-there" is half the fun of "being there".
Salt Peter

Guess you're going South Pass Jim.
[wink]
James Sel

bring a pump plugs and 2 spares with the LT tires ask me how I know sometime
RC Pilot Jim

I'm driving a stock late model Tacoma 4WD with a 1300 pound Four Wheel Camper Eagle shell on "LT" tires. I/m leaving for springs Oct 28th.
Thanks for your advice.
-Jim
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!