The voice of Saline Valley

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Farmer Dean

Here's the link:
http://franklinhotsprings.com/

Speaking as a local, don't get your hopes up too much. Farmer Dean
appletreasures

Someone recently told me about Franklin Lakes Hot Well bear Paso Robles, California. I have not been able to find much info about it. Can anyone tell me all about it? I'd like to get an address and contact phone number. Does it have a website?
bgibgi

I would not take a bike there. A locked car is a much better alternative though there are no guarantees.
Vern

Thanks for the link.  I signed that one around a month ago as well as the Clear Creek BLM closure.

So I take it, this isn't a safe place to park a motorcycle with camping gear and go for a soak?

I used to live in Ridgecrest and spent a good deal of time in Kernville. Great place, but there was always a group of "meth heads" roaming around.  It's  sad to think these people are ruining a great soaking spot with their petty theft and fights.

bgibgi

Remington HS is a great place. However, during colder weather and when the creek is low, the water flow is not that great making only 1 tub soakable. There have also been recent break ins in the parking lot and some fights at the springs.
It's also under increased scrutiny from the Forrest Service. There is a petition drive going. Please sign it to keep the Forrest Service from demolishing the tubs.

http://www.savethetrails.us/Default.aspx?PetitionID=42

Vern

"But it is not as bad a Remington HS."

What's the deal with Remington?  I've soaked at Saline plenty of times, and Remington looked like a great place to check out, but are there a lot of "Meth heads" out there or something?

Thanks,

Vern
The Drifter

I know its near Tonopah.  Not sure where Coaldale Jct is.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/echo_29/2809435605/

Oobleck

Drifter, are you referring to Fish Lake Hot Springs near Coaldale Jct.?
The Drifter

Just emailed you.... great place to go...

gypsyrob

Drifter...Fish springs? Tell me more. If you'd like to take it offline, hit me at gypsyrob@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!

The Drifter

Deep Creek is in my backyard.  The water is about 30 degrees and running fast right now.  You can avoid paying the money at the ranch by staying to the right on the road when you come to the entrance of the ranch.  Go about 3 miles and you will come to a road to your left. Take this and it will take you down to the trail entrance.  The ranch is okay to camp...  might add, many of the roads up there did sustain some recent flood damage.  I highly recommend 4wheel drive until the roads are graded.

I might recommend Fish Springs in Nevada.  Cool hot springs, very remote, and some great scenery.  Also, there are many side trips you can do during the day.

The Drift
Sierra Shadow

Not necessarily.  Most of the precipitation in the Deep Creek area should have been snow and therefore will not cause Deep Creek to rise until the spring runoff.  Hard to say but DC has a forum.  I am sure the DC Wizard would know. 
gypsyrob

Yeah, I thought about Tecopa. Possibly...? Skipping deep creek for sure. The snow in the north/south pass is a high river there. Really hoping to bust into Saline on Friday....thanks for the tips good people
Unregistered
There was the one year that it seemed that no one could get in (maybe a decade ago); we all gathered at the dance hall in Darwin.  Man it was cool - felt like a Red Cross fall-out center.  We cooked and played music and danced.  Next morning it was still a no go so we all decided to head to Tecopa Hot Springs toward Lost Wages.  Sort of a weird place - separate hot springs for men vs women but that is what the native tribe required of the County when they donated the land.  We still held the annual softball game with American Flag a flying.  The other campers were fairly blown away.  
Sierra Shadow

Ha!  One time when we were there it was so high you could not possibly walk across.  The Wizard (not to be confused with Walt) had a rope tied to each side with an inner tube in the middle that he was pulling people across the white water!  Even my wife did it!!!!!!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.