Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Sam D.

I am sad to inform that a long time Saline Valley visitor Lydia passed away few weeks ago.
Friends and Saliners have organized Lydia's "Celebration of Life" event on May 5th at the
Huntington Beach Central Library.

Details are as follow:

Sunday, May 5, 2013
        2:00pm - 4:00pm

Huntington Beach Central Library, Room D
        7111 Talbert Ave.
        Huntington Beach,  CA  92648
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Exit 405 at Beach Blvd. and go South
        Turn right on Talbert Ave. and go to the end

Allow me to extend my condolences to Lydia's family and friends.
Please join me in offering prayers for her memory.

Attached Images
jpeg Lydia1.JPG (132.07 KB, 19 views)
jpeg Lydia2.JPG (25.43 KB, 15 views)
jpeg Lydia3.jpg (59.67 KB, 16 views)

Salt Peter

There has been a lot of thread revivals today for little or no apparent reason.
SilverBob

And for some unknown reason, you felt compelled to revive a three year old thread to tell us that!

Thanks, I guess...
soniarhode

In the pre-independence era, the Congress was ideologically divided into two groups, moderate and activist. The moderates were more educated and wanted to win people's faith to lead the nation to independence without fighting; the activists, on the other hand, favoured more revolutionary tactics and sought to make the INC a paramillatary group.
Driver

Actually, there are two bills here.  The recent wilderness restoration activities are implementing the California Desert Protection Act passed in 1994.  A new bill, S.2921, the California Desert Protection Act - 2010 (Feinstein), was introduced last December and currently has the provisions for Inyo County to access borrow pits on the Saline Valley road (including at least one on the north pass section).  This bill has not passed in Congress but awaits its first committee hearing in the Senate.
Major Tom

Congress passed an addition to the Desert Act that was the reason for all the "wilderness restoration" activity that's been going on recently.  Mostly it just closes all of us semi-mobile ancients out of the nice little spots we would have liked to keep accessible.  But it did include a provision for the County Road Dept. to have access to the burrow pits on the Saline Valley Rd. (south).  This is something SPA has been lobbying for so it will benefit us as far as road maintenance goes.  A minor victory amid major losses. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!