Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
Hi Desert Warrior

I appologize for the misspelling.  Thank you for the notation.  Happy Soaking.
Sam D.

Hi Desert Warrior,
you misspelled "forum".
Hi Desert Warrior

God!  I love this form with all the sarcasm and bullying over the years.   It makes my day to hear the relief in frustration expressed this way.  Thank you, thank you, you know who you are.  As for the service members, active and not, thank you for your service.  There is a meaning behind that and not just words.  I left a part of me in Iraq and find the springs very refreshing to my body.  [redface])  You all have a happy Thanksgiving.
Salt Peter

Gael and Sam I couldn't have said it better. So I didn't. Thanks.
[thumb]
gael

I'm glad you see the humor. Too bullying? It seems absurd to me that someone who claims to have "left something behind in Afghanistan" could possibly be traumatized by one of my posts. Give me a break.

The guy was a contractor, not a soldier, for Christ's sake. Let him cry his little eyes out, and when he's done, be sure to tell him to bring in a gallon of water per person per day, mix with plenty of sugar and rainbow flavored Kool Aid and stfu. And knock it off with the Dr. Phil act, Sam. Sheesh.
Sam D.

Few thoughts to put an end to this bickering:
1) Gael, your post was funny but too bullying and not too much constructive even for my taste;
2) English is my 4th language, so I just reread what I wrote and could not find anything that would constitute "bull pucker" as rabbit mentioned. I took some time to answer the questions. Sorry I could provide exact gallon count for rabbit -
- I let him make his own decisions;
3) I salute all people who served and especially those who were injured;
4) As somebody who briefly served in Afghanistan and involved in a couple of minor scuffles and one major ambush I can sympathize with the pain and sufferings of the injured;
5) As somebody who have seen a share of shell shocked soldiers may I suggest for rabbit to seek help. Nobody here was against you or trying to give you a smart arse response. I am afraid you are a bit too inflamed. Smoke smth or get a drink, embrace the Aloha spirit the springs are known for, relax and have a good trip;
6) I might answer your question in the Current Events -> Thanksgiving 2017 in a couple of hours;
7) Safe travels.

gael

I've managed to doxx rabbit.

Attached Images
jpeg 20170406_152543.jpg (205.72 KB, 23 views)

rabbit

Who jumps to conclusions? I never said I served in the military, I was a civilian contractor doing my job until my world changed forever. What did you do in the service, push papers? You telling me to avoid Saline makes me want to visit even more. Who started the smart ass remarks, you've been making them long before I came to this forum. I agree I could have read volumes of archives here and gotten a very thorough answer, instead I asked a simple question and got a bunch of bull pucker in return. I have asked several other questions here and received prompt and courteous answers in reply, showing to me there are some very nice people on this forum as well as a few bullies. If you want to pat yourself on the back for keeping the water valves working at the pools, fine, I would do that myself at one time in my life. If you see me at the springs, I will be easy to recognize, I'm the guy you can't look eye to eye with, without feeling pity. You always do when seeing someone who is different, that's what bullies do.
Salt Peter

It seems as though you can dish it out but cannot take it. There was a thread provided about the water at the springs. Not sure if you even bothered. So it seems you were in the military yet cannot take contrasting opinions to your own. Depending on the branch of service you would have dealt with harsh criticism and conditions. Enough so that you wouldn't need to use politically correct terminology such as "bullying". No one here bullied you yet you want to assume our ages and be a smart ass in that regard. Not a big deal really. Do you take that attitude and viewpoint when you meet people older than you? I was raised to respect my elders and that was reinforced during my military service.

If you need a soak there are much more accessible springs which are great. Pretty sure you can find a party at some of them too if that's your thing. In my opinion Saline is a place for peace and solitude and sharing good times with good people. Only recently has there been an uptick in jackass human behavior at the springs.

This forum is a great place to find out information and sharing it. Read the thread on what was found in the water when it was tested. Bring your filter if you aren't comfortable drinking water from the source or spigots. It's pretty easy. Carry on.
TopoDcat

...the Forum is clearly a platform for several individuals who function as bully. i check in frequent for purposes of entertainment, and good info can be found here, but if you cross up with bully on internutz...simple and strait forward enquiries can degenerate into the nonsensical.    personally i bring my own water with me because i can and in the most uneconomical and unecological form of a small throwaway plastic bottles...and i bring extra water.
by all means get yourself out to the springs and enjoy the national park...and just put the bullies on ignore
rabbit

Not that you really care, but to answer your last question---Am I fragile? Yes, at times, I am! I am not the man I used to be, I left parts behind in Afghanistan in 2013. Do you care? I doubt it! 

While in recovery I discovered that hot water eases my body problems and through a nurse friend found out about natural hot springs. Being nude in a hot spring is the closest I get to having the whole body I had until 2013. I chose the name rabbit because I keep going and going.

Bring on your bully speech,  it inspires me!

Why do you act the way you do here when someone asks simple questions about water or other basic things on this forum?
Salt Peter

And the attitude continues. Are you that fragile?
Sam D.

Grandpa recommends this for rabbit:

https://www.universalclass.com/i/course/reading-comprehension-101.htm
Seattle Mitch

Who is lawrence welk?

I hope you keyboard warriors are a blast to party with, me being a Typical millennial kid I just don't understand senior citizens, they think they are the best. Do you gang up and bash everyone who doesn't like your Lawrence Welk lifestyle? I asked a simple question and received smart remarks from you "veterans of the springs", if I could wade thru all the threads in this forum easily, would I have to read your discord over and over?

Water quality at the springs is a question, which can be answered with a courteous reply absent the senior sarcasm.  James you can drink your own pee, I'm sure you are an expert, old man. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!