Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
florida

according to the weather reports you shouldn't have to go far to find ice.
Rusty Scout

How are we gonna keep the beers cold? 

James Sel

BOB LOL!
I'm not sure where I will end up this year. Friends are trying to get me to San Diego, then there is the Mojave preserve, and Pahrump too.  Maybe they should just all follow me to the springs. don'no
bobhuckaby

Glad to hear, George.
I plan to help at the breakfast, then bird on by 11.
Potlucks usually start about 2 pm for warmest time of day and cleanup before dark (it's winter).
With your additional turkey, let's copy thanksgiving and do soup potluck on Friday too.  I have 42 quart pot and propane burner.
James --> I want my campsite.
Bob from Tahoe
James Sel

Mid afternoon
PahrumpGeorge

Bob:
Since you appear to be the New Years Day pot luck organizer; what time do expect to start?
We also are bringing a turkey to roast and will join your party instead of our usual at the Palm Springs.
Look forward to seeing everyone again.
Geo. & Kathy
bobhuckaby

My plan was to bring in large burner and pot for grog at the lower springs new years eve, then BBQ a turkey and roasted vegs for potluck dinner at lower springs new years day.  Here is picture of last year.
Bob from Tahoe saline_NYcampfire.jpg 

The Drifter

I would say, depending on the party fiasco the night before, I hope to start around 9:30AM.  Just bring yourself. Will have the tables, stoves, and everything else to knock out the meal!   I suspect many will be sleeping in... so we will get a lot of later comers (10:30ish).

The Drifter / Sgt Pepper
James Sel

I will probably be sleeping through breakfast
Ranger Ric

Thinking about being there for my first New Years at the springs....besides a plate and fork, anything one can bring to fill in the fun?...And would love to volunteer...what time should volunteers show up to assist?
The Drifter

NEW YEAR PARTY AT THE BASE OF BAT HILL (Upper Camp - Starts at 6PM 12/31 and will end...). Will be music, DMX lighting, large fire, beer and lot's of people to bring in the New Year. Bringing in a sound system so bring your favorite tunes (Bluetooth able too). 

For New Year's day, join us at the Upper Springs for HANGOVER PANCAKE BREAKFAST (pancakes, scrambled eggs and sausage). Starts at (9:30AM to 10:30AM) Please bring own plate and eating utilities. Will need volunteers!!!

Sgt Pepper and the Lonely Heart Clan

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!